Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #FRB
    Hopefully they get it fixed if it was a mistake on their part and don't lawyer up and threaten to sue you for slander if you have to call them out for shoddy work they're too chickenshit to own up to. Yes that happened to us with a local place based in Benton, AR. Brand new Trane too. Middleton found the problem they caused in just a few minutes and all is good now.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    So.....

Hvac tech came Saturday, couldn't find the issue or where it drained to. He left stating we needed to call a plumber, the pipe was preexisting and not their issue from install. Not exactly any less mad at that point.

Plumber came today, cut pipe at the unit and blew into it to find it was clogged. Installer never bothered to check drain was functional. Blew it open but still cannot find output so not sure if pipe is cracked or not.

Talked to hvac sales guy who set up everything. He was not exactly happy with his crew. Apologized for the less than satisfactory work and promised he will have it fixed. About 30 minutes later install manager called to schedule coming out tomorrow to see what needs done.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

3. Member
    Kilz will cover the stains so paint will hide them.

4. Member
    The good news is, your making positive progress.

Sounds like there is also not an overflow pan.

P01135809

6. Banned
    Bet it drains into another line in the wall/floor. My old house had the drain run down the wall, into the concrete, and tied into the line from the kitchen to the main. Found out when it was clogged and backed up running 3 rooms worth of flooring. Ruined a good vacation coming home to that. Oh and between the unit and the concrete the line was not glued together I asked the plumber why not? He said low flow no pressure won't leak unless it clogs and better to not back up into the unit.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Yeah...used the existing line. Everything you can see looks good. Its in the wall somewhere.
    In The attic and no float switch somebody screwed up

8. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    In The attic and no float switch somebody screwed up
    There is a float switch the leak was about 5 feet or so down the drain pipe never backed up the whole way to unit

There is a also an overflow pan, bone dry.
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker

9. Banned
    Down here, they will tie the drain into the closest bathroom sink p-trap where you can find it, they might have put yours hidden in the walls.

Fought something similar in our last house. House was brand new and 2 months in, the overflow emergency drain was dripping to the outside. I poured bleached down the line, snaked it, blew air down it and nothing would work. Finally started cutting the main drain apart and still couldn’t find the issue. As a last resort and Hail Mary, I put the drain by the P-trap and found the issue. Some butthead put plastic in the pipe to keep drywall mud out of it and the plumber didn’t pull the plastic out of the pipe when he hooked it up.

So, this exact thing happened to us about 9 years ago. We have three units in our house, the oldest cools/heats the upstairs and the air handler is in the attic. The unit finally gave up the ghost after 15 years and we had to replace every thing. The crew did a phenomenal job removing the old air handler through the access hole and taking apart the new one and putting it together in the attic. Everything worked perfectly for two or three weeks...until we discovered a ton of water dripping out of my son's ceiling. Turns out they used one old piece from the old unit...because the worker didn't want to crawl back down and go outside. New system blew that hose probably on the first day. I took pictures of all the damage and went straight to the company ready to raise hell. The owner was super apologetic, took the fire out of me in a heartbeat, immediately sent a crew out there. They fixed everything, paid for the dehumidifier, paid for the new sheetrock, paid for the new paint, and had the carpets cleaned. Then called me every 6 weeks or so to ask if I had any issues with mold, smell, etc for probably 6 months. When it's time to replace our other units...I'm calling them first.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

11. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    One final update, its fixed. Not so mad at the install company they bent over backwards to fix it once the right person was told.

However, we were outright lied to by the sellers when we bought the place. They said it was disconnected due to it being loud. But we found the drain line was never moved when the 2nd garage was built. The line ended in the wall, where it would have been to drain to the original spouting. This unit was not used for years, probably since 2005...freaking ridiculous. But fixed properly now, and install company is reimbursing me to fix the drywall.

12. Member
    Glad the install company is now doing the right thing.
    Isn't home ownership fun?!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12