Dual Pro 15x3 On board charger question

Just picked up my new boat and noticed leds are blinking on my charger even with the boat off and breakers off. I assumed these would have a resistor to where they couldnÂ’t draw power when off even if terminals where accidentally crossed. Any ideas?
    2020 Ranger RT188P
    Mercury 115 ProXS CT/23P Tempest/Atlas Hydraulic 6”/Sportsman 2 Powerpoles/Ultrex 80
    Humminbird Helix 9 MSI/Humminbird Helix 9 MDI+/Humminbird Mega 360

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    What do you mean by “boat off and breakers off”? Is the charger plugged in?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Ignition off, circuit breakers on trolling motor and main are off. It’s not plugged in but it’s still flashing

I suppose it wouldn’t matter if breakers are off since the banks are direct connected to terminals. Anyways, wondering if it’s normal for the charger to blink when it’s not plugged in to the wall on AC power? Each bank will flash green on the 100% charged then each bank will periodically flash all LEDs at once and the whole box will go blank, then it resumes flashing a green light for each bank again.
    Last edited by ILbassin; 05-30-2020 at 01:54 PM.
    2020 Ranger RT188P
    Mercury 115 ProXS CT/23P Tempest/Atlas Hydraulic 6”/Sportsman 2 Powerpoles/Ultrex 80

So no ones 15x3 dual pro blink battery status or anything when unplugged from the wall outlet? Just trying to see if this is normal and want to know if it’s pulling off the batteries to do it or if it has some slow release capacitor to run the status indication.

Never had any one of mine do that !! Check to see if it is hooked up to each battery correctly and not reversed polarity.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

I contacted dual pro and they claim it’s normal. I had the same charger in 2017 and it didn’t do this. They said it does draw off the batteries to do it but at a rate of under 17 micro amps. I’m not a fan of it drawing power at all so I’ll be switching to a minn Kota 15x3 by the end of the season.
    2020 Ranger RT188P

7. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Never did this on the one's I've had. Just for fun call them back to see if you get the same answer.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

8. Member
    None of mine ever did that.
    2015 189 trx

9. Member
    The new ones do this. It's normal. I think 2018 is when it started.

10. Member
    I have an older one (2013) that doesn't do it but when I saw this I was thinking it must be a new change to allow remote monitoring (Bluetooth).

https://www.dualpro.com/dual-power-series
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

I sent them a video just to be sure and they confirmed it’s normal. Response quote i received after they reviewed the video was:

“In July of 2018 we made changes to the chargers to pass DOE ( Department of Energy ) and California regulations.

One of the changes was the way the LED lights function. On the newer model chargers, the green LED light will slowly flash and then all the lights will flash every couple of mins. The slow flashing green indicates that the bank of the charger is connected to the battery and then when all the lights flash the relay is looking for ac power.

Each bank is independent so the lights are usually flashing at different times but looks like everything is correct and its functioning like it should. And the draw on the batteries is next to nothing.”

I appreciate everyone’s input and it sounds like many have prior to 2018 models which means these things must be built to last so I’m glad to know that as well.