Thread: Craw tube

Craw tube

These are the first baits I shot from a couple of injection molds I made using Durham's Water Putty. The smaller one is 3 1/4". The larger one is 4". Gotta figure out a way to eliminate that little bit of flash. It's awfully time consuming trying to remove it. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd fish them... The bass wont care. Unless your wanting to sell them. Do they have a solid head? Or does the cavity go all the way to the front?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Good looking bait!
    Red Sox in 6!

4. Member
    Thank you Phrog Phil, much appreciated. 21XDC, on those particular ones the cavity goes all the way to the head. The head is probably double the thickness of the walls, so probably close to 1/8" thick. But bet I know exactly what you're thinking, because I was thinking the same way. And that's why I have 2 different length shafts. One the length that I used to shoot the baits in the picture, and another that is 1/4" shorter so that the head has more meat to it so I can Texas rig it with a tube hook.

Full length cavity for when I am using a tube jig head, and a shorter cavity, thicker head when flipping or pitching them. I use a Trokar TK 190 hook when Texas rigging a tube, so that's the hook fitted the thickness of the head to

I use a stupid tube head I make and cant use a solid head. I make a stand up head that would work really well on those, And I make a chatter tube head that cant use a solid head....

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    These are the first baits I shot from a couple of injection molds I made using Durham's Water Putty. The smaller one is 3 1/4". The larger one is 4". Gotta figure out a way to eliminate that little bit of flash. It's awfully time consuming trying to remove it. Any suggestions?
    Try a heat gun to melt the flash. Take it easy with the heat.

7. Member
    Thanks IBHUFFY. I had considered that but tried a simple cigarette lighter. It works really well and is a little more easily targeted.

8. Member
    Good looking baits. Good job.

9. Member
    Thanks squib, I appreciate the compliment. They're working really well too. Thus far I've just been flipping and pitching with them, but I'll be using them on a tube jig head this weekend.

This making baits is fun stuff !!!

10. Member
    [QUOTE=Bassbme;11184533

This making baits is fun stuff !!![/QUOTE] This hair making stuff is also very addictive isn’t it? Lll