WTH - Nobody Fishing?

I know the high water makes it difficult to launch and to fish, but still, a man's gotta fish come hell or high water, right?

Was out on Bull last week. Lake was almost at flood pool and fishing was tough. Didn't catch too many but did catch four keepers. All smallmouth between 17" and 20". The bigger one went almost 4.5# and was a post spawn female. Took one pic of my next door neighbor's best smallie.
    A1A758C4-295A-4BD8-9E5E-1FBEAA2C5778.jpeg

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    I got a hole in my boat or I would be. If I can afford it after the welder gets though I might just have to come up for a few days. I want some of those big smallies.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Member
    Smallies are through spawning and working their way out to deeper water. But they can be caught.

Been fishing Beaver for stripers, nice thing about Beaver is when the water level is up to 1130, the ramps are still useable so launching is no problem. Been a good top water bite on stripers, mostly 5 lbers which are fun on bass tackle. You have to be on the water at 0500 and the top water bite for the stripers ends about 0700.

May21stripe1.jpg

5. Member
    Dang, that's an hour before sunrise

I'll be hitting the lake tomorrow at 7:00. Clueless as to the pattern the bass are on, where I'll go and what I'll throw. Oh well, what's new? If Gene comes here to fish I'll just follow him around and throw what he throws.

We have six specie of trout in the White river now. Brown, Rainbow, Cutthroat, Brook, Golden and Tiger trout. The latest, the Tiger trout is a hybrid cross between the Brown and the Brook. Can't wait to get back out on the river as it's been a long time away due to high water releases from Bull Shoals lake. Way too dangerous to wade. Got me wondering if this is the "new Normal"?

White river below Bull is a great fishery, it will be interesting to see how those Tiger trout do.

Out again at 0515 this AM, 3 stripers, 2 on top and one on a Keitech.

June1striper2.jpg

7. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    [QUOTE=BrownTrout;11150206] Clueless as to the pattern the bass are on, where I'll go and what I'll throw. Oh well, what's new? If Gene comes here to fish I'll just follow him around and throw what he throws.

That's like the deaf leading the blind or something to that effect.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.