Commercial Back Pack sprayers

I have a landscape company and have been using the Stihl backpack sprayers. All have failed and when they do its the pump piston. The sprayer is good other than that but I am getting a year out of them. The cost to replace the piston is almost the cost of a new sprayer.

So my question is what would be a better alternative to the Stihl sprayer? I need something commercial, will last more than a year, has good PSI, and holds at least 4 gallons.

I have been looking at the Lesco Sprayers but have never used them. Any suggestions is appreciated.
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Jig Co. View Post
    I have a landscape company and have been using the Stihl backpack sprayers. All have failed and when they do its the pump piston. The sprayer is good other than that but I am getting a year out of them. The cost to replace the piston is almost the cost of a new sprayer.

So my question is what would be a better alternative to the Stihl sprayer? I need something commercial, will last more than a year, has good PSI, and holds at least 4 gallons.

I have been looking at the Lesco Sprayers but have never used them. Any suggestions is appreciated.
    The one you are using doesn't have a warranty?

3. Member
    This is what I have been using for a couple years and it works great.
    https://my4sons.com/

1 year and its just out of warranty.

5. Member
    1 year and its just out of warranty.
    Do they offer extended warranties, if so that could be cheaper than a replacement piston?

6. Member
    My pest control guy has a battery operated backpack sprayer that’s rechargeable and he loved it. Not sure what brand though. I be always used the echo sprayer with decent results, I always rinse it out and pump clean water through the pump so the seals aren’t soaking in chemicals for days.

7. Banned
    The my 4 sons is repeatedly recommended on the lawn care forums I visit. I bought a Chapin just because I wanted it now

Quote Originally Posted by FishFish View Post
    This is what I have been using for a couple years and it works great.
    https://my4sons.com/

That’s nice

I feel your pain. I've probably been through 50+ backpacks over the past 20 years. Solo used to be good, but they are junk now. I've used stihl, solo, Husqvarna, lesco and others and like you say I maybe get a year, 2 at most. The best backpack I have used in the past 5 years is the Redmax brand. They have a pretty good pump and great straps and I like the handle built into the lid. They are lasting 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunkist View Post
    I feel your pain. I've probably been through 50+ backpacks over the past 20 years. Solo used to be good, but they are junk now. I've used stihl, solo, Husqvarna, lesco and others and like you say I maybe get a year, 2 at most. The best backpack I have used in the past 5 years is the Redmax brand. They have a pretty good pump and great straps and I like the handle built into the lid. They are lasting 2-3 years.

I will definitely take a look at them!!!

11. Member
    I’ve been happy with Chapin. Made in USA. Backpack, lithium battery powered. 3 gallon, I think. Anyway, works great. I’m not commercial, so don’t know how long it would last under those conditions. May be worth a look though.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM