Replacing carpet

Well I replaced the carpet about 2 1/3 years ago and made the mistake of using carpet from bassboatseats.com. It’s horrible. Ordered carpet from BassCat and will be installing in the next month or so. I don’t have a problem cutting the lid corners but on the rod box lids there is a rounded corner by the console. Anybody have advice on how to cut/fold that area?

2. Member
    Cut long and slowly work it down to corner. You may have to cut slits in it to make it lay down right.

Since I'm in the middle of putting BassBoatSeats.com carpet in my 196, what's terrible about it?

And on the radiused corners, I'd probably cut a separate piece and glue it in.

4. Member
    Matted flat...started fraying...changed colors....after a year. I take extremely good care of my boat. It stays in my insulated shop year around. I was satisfied with the way my corners came out and they’re holding good. The quality of this carpet just sucks.

Fair enough. Thanks for the feedback.

6. Member
    [QUOTE=R Warner;11145273]Well I replaced the carpet about 2 1/3 years ago and made the mistake of using carpet from bassboatseats.com. It’s horrible. Ordered carpet from BassCat and will be installing in the next month or so. I don’t have a problem cutting the lid corners but on the rod box lids there is a rounded corner by the console. Anybody have advice on how to cut/fold that area?[/QUOTE

sorry to hear about your carpet. I’ve had bassboatseats 20oz carpet in my boat about the same amount of time and l dont have any of the issues that you have. I got samples form basscat, bassboatseats and marinecarpet.com and went with the bassboatseats carpet. It felt like better carpet to me and it’s also wider which was better for my installation. Good luck with your install and hopefully you’ll have better luck because carpeting the boat isn’t the funnest thing to do.

7. Member
    Everything that comes from BASSBOATSEATS is cheap, Chinese garbage....You get what you pay for.

8. Member
    I agree. Don't hold it against me for making a stupid decision. I promise I won't do it again. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ToledoBendChamp View Post
    Everything that comes from BASSBOATSEATS is cheap, Chinese garbage....You get what you pay for.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R Warner View Post
    I agree. Don't hold it against me for making a stupid decision. I promise I won't do it again. lol

Hey, there is a reason I know the quality......

10. Member
    Where are some good places to get carpet? I'm about a day away from ordering mine and was going to go with bassboatseat or pontoonstuff.

Thanks!

11. Member
    BassCat parts. Call and talk to Alan