Networking stopped: HELP!

I have an 859 ci hd on the bow and an 899 ci si hd at the console. Ethernet cable with dongles on both ends. They’ve always networked fine, but just stopped talking. Both units are current on software updates. Tried a new ethernet cable and dongles. No luck. Went back to default settings on both. No luck. Powered down, unplugged, check connections. All looked fine, but still no luck. The networking tab that usually appears after double clicking the menu button has disappeared on the 859. Both units have around 2500 hours each. I’m at a loss. Any suggestions.

2. Member
    Check the power connection! Mine was doing the same thing last week and when I got home I checked and the main power wire had been pulled apart! After redoing the power now brings the network tab back up and now can select from either unit. Thanks

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackhammer38 View Post
    Check the power connection! Mine was doing the same thing last week and when I got home I checked and the main power wire had been pulled apart! After redoing the power now brings the network tab back up and now can select from either unit. Thanks
    Main power wire to one of your graphs?

4. Member
    Are both units experiencing the same problem with no Network Tab? Anything showing for MAC ADDRESS on System Status View?
    Last edited by ezfishn; 05-30-2020 at 09:24 PM.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Member
    your Ethernet box has it's own power cables! it must have power for it to work properly

6. Member
    If both graph's don't show a tab for Ethernet. I would be surprised if it's getting power! After I got power back to the Ethernet box then both Graph's showed the Tab and then I could select which Transducer and GPS for each unit. Thanks

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Are both units experiencing the same problem with no Network Tab? Anything showing for MAC ADDRESS on System Status View?
    At first, both graphs had the network tab but only recognized themselves. What I mean by that is that the 859 didn’t show the 899 under the network tab and vice versa. Now, only the front 859 is not showing the network tab. The 899 at the console has the network tab, but it doesn’t recognize the 859 up front.

I’ve recently put new batteries in, but all wires are hooked up. Both graphs are wired separately directly to the starting battery.

I also don’t have an ethernet box, I have an ethernet wire with the appropriate network dongle on each end.

And yes, there’s a long number under the MAC address.

8. Member
    There's a couple of things you can try and if they don't work your unit may have an internal network issue with a card.

Confirm you have no corrupt NAV data:
    1. Export Nav Data to a card.
    2. Reformat the NAV Directory.
    3. Reset Factory Defaults.
    4. Power up the unit without any cards. If that solves the problem, will need to verify your NAV data in HB PC before reloading back into the unit.

Reset Network:
    1. With both units fully booted up, disconnect network cable from either unit and reset factory defaults on both. Turn off units.
    2. Leave the ethernet cable disconnected and power up units and let them fully boot up. Reset Factory defaults. Turn off units.
    3. Connect ethernet cable and power up the units allowing them to fully boot up normally. Reset Factory Defaults.
    4. Check for Ethernet Menu Tab and if not present then will need to contact HB CS.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

9. Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll try this when I get back from vacation.