Will the outboard keep the cranking battery charged?

2010 Optimax 90 HP. I only have a 2 bank battery charger that is hooked to my TM batteries. I was using a seperate charger to keep the cranking battery charged, but I quit using it to see how it would do. I have had the boat out 3 times in the past 2 weeks without putting a charger on the cranking battery, I hooked my battery tester to it this evening and it it was showing over 900 MCA, the battery is rated at 870 MCA so it seems like the alternator is keeping it charged. Can I keep doing this as long as I am using the boat once a week enough to keep the battery charged, or should I still charge it between outings? I am going to get a 3 bank charger eventually.

2. Member
    If battery is in good condition and proper capacity, yes. Keep in mind, ALL Optimax engines require 800CCA (or 1000MCA) minimum for the engine alone. These come from the FAQ at top of the 3L forum which contains a ton of useful information, a lot of which applies to all Optimax models.

Oil, Battery, Spark Plugs, Fuel and Fuel Additive Recommendations

BATTERIES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENT
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    +1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................