Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN Bass View Post
    You never told us what brand you're looking at.

John Deere are expensive; they're green for a rea$on.
    Kubota's compact tractor is a reinforced and overpriced rider mower, and parts prices are crazy too.

You might want to look at the Kioti line. They are built in South Korea, and the company manufactures all their own parts. They also handle their own financing.
    Kioti's are good tractors, also. The JD 25 hp package is a better value than Kubots's 25 hp package, around here.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

2. Member

Kubota's compact tractor is a reinforced and overpriced rider mower, and parts prices are crazy too.

You might want to look at the Kioti line. They are built in South Korea, and the company manufactures all their own parts. They also handle their own financing.
    Love my Kioti CK2610, it’s a beast. John Deere or Kubota couldn’t touch the price and the specs were better as far as FEL lift capacity and PTO torque. I also wanted the extra weight the Kioti had on them, I do a lot of ground work and the extra weight was needed. I got my tractor January 2017 and I’m just turning 300 hours with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MI bassassassin View Post
    Love my Kioti CK2610, it’s a beast. John Deere or Kubota couldn’t touch the price and the specs were better as far as FEL lift capacity and PTO torque. I also wanted the extra weight the Kioti had on them, I do a lot of ground work and the extra weight was needed. I got my tractor January 2017 and I’m just turning 300 hours with no issues.
    No, I'm the beast...but I do work like a tractor....and just about as slow.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    No, I'm the beast...but I do work like a tractor....and just about as slow.
    I like it
    Last edited by MI bassassassin; 05-30-2020 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Changed emoji

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    The 1000-5000 series sold in the US are made in the US. Yes we have factories in China, Mexico, Germany and elsewhere. Though we have factories that build the 1000-5000 and 7000-9000 series tractors here. 6000 series are now all made in Germany. Just not a huge seller in the states
    So, im in the market right now. I have a cab kubota im selling to my brother. Now i want a 30 series deere like 3025 or a few steps above. Where are they made? I may have to go back korean because im not buying an american tractor made in china.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Did not know this KYSkipper. Im looking to purchase a JD hopefully next spring. Either a 2025R or a 3025E series. Never owned a tractor before, but will be 45 this year and those odd jobs around home that you break your back trying to do are getting tougher on me every year. Time to let a Tractor do some of the heavy lifting.
    This is just something I found when I was shopping about 5 years ago.

I had a B series Kubota but mine didn't have a loader. By the time I bought the valve, paid to install and bought the loader it didn't make sense to put it on my older machine even though I'd had not problems with it. So I went looking for a new B Series.

Now, I had a specific requirement. I had built a leaf machine out of a 5x8 trailer and an 8" blower apparatus. I needed to be able to run both the rear PTO and the Mid PTO to run the deck and the leaf machine at the same time. Most tractors won't do that properly. Deere wont, Cub won't, Yanmar wont, and Mahindra won't. Some of them will, but it changed the speed on the rear PTO which wouldn't work for me without re-gearing the Blower. There were then 2 series of Kubota B Series and one of them would work, the other was a made in China Series that wouldn't. At any rate I ended up deciding I wanted a B3200. That's the largest B they make. It has a 4 Cylinder engine. It's the power of an L series on a B frame. The L for my purposes would be too tall and hang too much on the tree limbs I was picking up leaves after. I needed a shorter B type.

Anyhow, I had never in my life bought a new tractor. I had always found one 3 or 4 years old and let someone else knock the big dollars off the selling price. If new was $20,000 I'd managed to find one used for $14,000 and save 6. So I got to looking. This 0% financing has killed IMO the used tractor market. I think that 0% only lasts 3 or 4 years or something like that, then the payment goes up.

There were quite a few of those tractors in that year range for sale and I kept hunting one. Every time it came down to "I owe $19,000 on it and I can't sell it unless I can pay it off."

That 0% is a HOAX. You are paying the interest up front in the cost of the tractor. People had been paying on them 3 or 4 years and they owed more than you could go buy it brand new for or at least reasonably close. Like I said, they were then 22 or 23,000 I don't remember which out of the box if you took the 0% but I paid $18,000 for mine buying it out right. Oh, you could find one here and there that was 4 or 5 years old that could be bought for $17,000, but the fact is saving only $1000 for an out of warranty machine isn't worth it. It's not like it used to be where you could save 50% of the cost of new buying used.

7. Member
    Everything is negotiable.
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    This is just something I found when I was shopping about 5 years ago.

I had a B series Kubota but mine didn't have a loader. By the time I bought the valve, paid to install and bought the loader it didn't make sense to put it on my older machine even though I'd had not problems with it. So I went looking for a new B Series.

Now, I had a specific requirement. I had built a leaf machine out of a 5x8 trailer and an 8" blower apparatus. I needed to be able to run both the rear PTO and the Mid PTO to run the deck and the leaf machine at the same time. Most tractors won't do that properly. Deere wont, Cub won't, Yanmar wont, and Mahindra won't. Some of them will, but it changed the speed on the rear PTO which wouldn't work for me without re-gearing the Blower. There were then 2 series of Kubota B Series and one of them would work, the other was a made in China Series that wouldn't. At any rate I ended up deciding I wanted a B3200. That's the largest B they make. It has a 4 Cylinder engine. It's the power of an L series on a B frame. The L for my purposes would be too tall and hang too much on the tree limbs I was picking up leaves after. I needed a shorter B type.

Anyhow, I had never in my life bought a new tractor. I had always found one 3 or 4 years old and let someone else knock the big dollars off the selling price. If new was $20,000 I'd managed to find one used for $14,000 and save 6. So I got to looking. This 0% financing has killed IMO the used tractor market. I think that 0% only lasts 3 or 4 years or something like that, then the payment goes up.

There were quite a few of those tractors in that year range for sale and I kept hunting one. Every time it came down to "I owe $19,000 on it and I can't sell it unless I can pay it off."

That 0% is a HOAX. You are paying the interest up front in the cost of the tractor. People had been paying on them 3 or 4 years and they owed more than you could go buy it brand new for or at least reasonably close. Like I said, they were then 22 or 23,000 I don't remember which out of the box if you took the 0% but I paid $18,000 for mine buying it out right. Oh, you could find one here and there that was 4 or 5 years old that could be bought for $17,000, but the fact is saving only $1000 for an out of warranty machine isn't worth it. It's not like it used to be where you could save 50% of the cost of new buying used.
    AFter reading this I will probably look into a LOAN from my 401K. The interest is low and I'd be paying it back to myself anyway. Plus this way might save me 2 or 3K off on the price of the Tractor.

9. Member
    Since this turned into a what's your favorite tractor thread. I bought an L4701 and love it.
    I'd only go no interest and yes shop and compare. Cash definitely speaks loudly. They will bluff you about like a car salesman.
    Kubota here. No regerts.

10. Member
    Whatever you buy make sure it’s HST. Shuttle shift is good for dragging stuff but sucks for FEL work.

I've done a lot of research on tractors and am definitely not brand loyal. I do not want to start a pissing match but Kioti impresses me more than any other brand. I was not aware that Kioti produces all of Kubota's transmissions, along with Hew Holland, Case, and some for GM. The sales guy told me this so take it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Big dreams View Post
    I've done a lot of research on tractors and am definitely not brand loyal. I do not want to start a pissing match but Kioti impresses me more than any other brand. I was not aware that Kioti produces all of Kubota's transmissions, along with Hew Holland, Case, and some for GM. The sales guy told me this so take it for what it is.
    My kioti sales guy said the kioti and kubota factories are across the rd from each other and the owners are brothers. Kioti would be my choice except for the parts cost is extreme on the kioti

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

13. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    My kioti sales guy said the kioti and kubota factories are across the rd from each other and the owners are brothers. Kioti would be my choice except for the parts cost is extreme on the kioti
    Since Kubota is Japanese and Daedong is Korean, that must be some road!

There is no connection between the companies, nor is there any love lost. Kubota sued them for copying their look.

Daedong does not make transmissions or any other part for Kubota. For a brief time 40 years ago they produced some tractors together, but that is long done.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

14. Member
    So, im in the market right now. I have a cab kubota im selling to my brother. Now i want a 30 series deere like 3025 or a few steps above. Where are they made? I may have to go back korean because im not buying an american tractor made in china.
    John Deere has most of their smaller tractors made in Japan or India. If it has a Yanmar engine it's made in Japan and most of the E series is India. Each model is different.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

15. Member
    The connection between Kubota and Kioti is, Kioti started out producing tractors made from old molds purchased from Kubota. At the start they were Older design's of Kubota.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big dreams View Post
    Your sales guy does not have his facts straight, but I will admit, Kioti is a very nice tractor.

17. Member
    My only advice is to buy as much HP as you can afford

My 38hp kubota does what I need it too but I wish is was 50+ hp
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    My only advice is to buy as much HP as you can afford

My 38hp kubota does what I need it too but I wish is was 50+ hp
    you Could probably sell your tractor and get a case 580 for the same price. Crazy how the medium sized tractors are the same price or more as a full size when it comes to being used.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mzack View Post
    you Could probably sell your tractor and get a case 580 for the same price. Crazy how the medium sized tractors are the same price or more as a full size when it comes to being used.
    No doubt...my 3800 series kubota has only 1200 hrs on it, and in have a backhoe with it. They dont depreciate like cars do that's for sure
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    You won't regret buying a Deere
    Until you have to go to a dealer for a minor repair.....
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast