2007 ETEC Trim problm

The motor trims up when the key is turned on. I can unhook all of the switches and it will still do the same. Changed the trim relay and still the same. Not seeing any burnt or bear wires or connectors but a lot of wire is wrapped. Any ideas where to look or what to try next?
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Likely a chafed wire in the shifter handle or a torn boot over the trim switch(s) during wet weather especially.

Stumped on getting my shifter handle off. I watched

video and also this threadhttp://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=795714, seemed simple enough. When I put the shifter in full reverse it doesn't look like I have a hex head screw though, here is a picture of what is there
    Resized_20200601_165739.jpeg

Felt around with the shifter in different positions and can't find anything else. I am sure it is something simple but I am stuck if anyone can help
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack