Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

F150 buying help

Getting ready to buy a new supercrew and wondering what I need to make sure it has for towing etc. wanting to get the eco boost any particulars to make sure it has

2. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Get the Platinum, it will be loaded.

Don't
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

4. Member
    What are you going to tow with it?
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

5. Member
    I have a 2018 with the 3.5 and 3.55 gears. I love it. 50,000 trouble free miles in not quite 2 years.
    I have an XLT, wish I had spent the extra and gotten a Lariat.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by okhawg View Post
    I think he means a front mount tow hitch, so he can get towed.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okhawg View Post
    I have a 21’ Triton. I currently have a 2005 Hummer H2 but probably gonna sell it. My oldest son wants it but he has no money lol.

8. Member
    As long as it's got a class 3 hitch, you will be good to go. Your gonna love the 3.5 ecoboost.
    Last edited by Schultz; 05-29-2020 at 06:49 PM.

9. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    The low end torque of the 3.5 is awesome. They do have a max tow but not necessary to tow your boat. Make sure it has the electric brake control, some don't. Great trucks.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

10. Member
    You aren’t going to need the maxtow, as mentioned above. The towing package with the e-brake is the main thing. We have a ‘19 3.5 w/ 3.55’s and the wife avgs 18.7 mpg. We tow with my F350, but the 3.5 is a strong motor.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

11. Member
    This should help you. You have to order the tow package when you order the truck. It is relatively inexpensive. The extra oil and transmission coolers will greatly increase the longevity of your drive train. If the salesmen tell you you dont need it in order to sell something off the lot...turn around and walk away. He is not looking out for your interests only his

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/what-is...r-tow-package/

Forgot to mention that tow package will be listed on the window sticker
    Last edited by csurp; 05-29-2020 at 04:44 PM. Reason: more info

12. Member
    I have a 2018 XTL Sport S-Crew F150 with the 3.5 engine and 3.55 rear end. Truck has 4wd, Max Tow Package, Trailer Assist, Backup Camera, Blown in bed liner and everything but the leather interior. Since I live in AZ, where the temperature is just short HELL, you bet I got the max tow package and extra cooling. I tow a 2017 Skeeter FX20 and it is no problem, truck doesn't act like it's there. Gas mileage when NOT towing 17-18 around town, 20-22 Hwy. When towing avg 13-14 on yearly trips from Phx to Brownlee Reservoir in Northwest Oregon and back. Not terrific mpg towing, but I have seen worst. I have 30k miles and not one issue in 2 years. If I were to purchase another F150 now, I would get the Lariat package or the Platinum.

13. Member
    Tow package so you get the additional tranney cooler and beefed up suspension.

36 gallon tank, lowest rear end.... 391, etc.
    2006 Triton TR186, 175 Optimax,

15. Member
    Go by a dealer and pick up a F150 brochure. Every model has 2 or 3 packages. It depends on what you and how you use the truck. I have a 19 supercrew Lariat with a 502a package plus a couple things with a 5.0 Coyote and 373 rear. Its rated to pull approximately 11k pounds. If you don't pull anything the 2.7 is mile per gallon engine and performs really good, pulls trailers well, fast believe it or not. I run the 2.7 in my work truck. The ECO is good. You can have Eco or power but not both at the same time!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

16. Member
    For features on the inside get the XL with STX package. Same as the 302a but much cheaper!

17. Member
    I have an FX 4 Eco loaded. Options not required. Sunroof. Rarely use it except in Spring and Fall. The rear sliding window I have never used, and it can be the break in the rear defrost system.
    I'm short (5'8") so the tail gate step and grab pole is a must.
    Running boards protect the paint if you hunt and use gravel roads.
    Locking differential is nice when needed. I was jerking trees I cut down (up a steep bank). It came in handy.
    If your wife will be using the truck and is different in height, memory seats are a must. Also adjustable pedals.
    If you get leather, cooling and heated seats are a must. Clothe seats its not needed.
    If your towing in hills, the tow mode button is a nice addition. Down shifts early while braking.
    Tow mirrors are MUCH better than the standard mirrors. Not required but once you have them, you wont want to be without them. Kinda like Power poles.
    Power folding side view mirrors are great for a bunch of different situations.
    Get 3.73 gears if you can. Makes for smooth loaded acceleration.
    My truck has many more options, but those are the ones I would want, and don't need.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

18. Member
    Buy the 5.0 if you can! Thank me later!

19. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
    Getting ready to buy a new supercrew and wondering what I need to make sure it has for towing etc. wanting to get the eco boost any particulars to make sure it has
    Make sure it has the eco boost,,,,,,,,,,, don't settle.........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    Make sure it has the eco boost,,,,,,,,,,, don't settle.........
    Still not a fan...id own the new raptor but like many other Gen1 owners I want a large v8 option.

With that said I have the itch to buy a new f150 with the power stroke...if I find one that I want it will be in the driveway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast