GEN 3 GURU'S HELP NEEDED - Networking help

I have 2 Gen 3 9's - One on bow and one on console. I have them networked through LSS-2 hub. My issue. I want both units to see the navionics chart but I want the bow to only see the (DI/Sonar) transducer mounted on the trolling motor and I want the Console unit to see the sonar transducer mounted on the back of the boat. I do want both units to see the side/down imaging from the back LSS-2 transducer if possible.

What is happening is I do indeed have the navionics chart shared by both units...but when I switch the bow unit to read the sonar or DI on trolling motor transducer, it also switches the console unit to read it as well. When I go to the console and tell it to just read the sonar transducer in the back of the boat, it automatically switches the bow unit to read the back as well.

So....how do I set them up so I can share both units for the navionics chart (from my console unit), but my front unit only read the trolling motor and my console unit only read my back sonar transducer. And if possible, both units be able to read side imaging from the back LSS-2 transducer.

Thank you for your help

2. Member
    Forgot to mention...the transducer on trolling motor is a HDI so it gives DI and Sonar. Also, I run a 3rd Gen 3 at console but I use it strictly for side imaging or split side image/sonar from back transducer so I don't want to just use ethernet cables directly into each unit. I want to go through the Lss 2 HD HUB.

3. Member
    Pages, Settings, Sonar, turn off Network Sonar. No problem with 3 units connected to a single StructureScan module. On your your third unit you may have to turn on Network sonar if you want to use the 2D transducer from another unit. Has nothing to do with structure viewing.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

4. Member
    Thank you so much NoCAL

5. Member
    It's switching on all units because the system is in legacy mode, and it will stay in legacy mode as long as the StructureScan HD box is in the system.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuirus View Post
    It's switching on all units because the system is in legacy mode, and it will stay in legacy mode as long as the StructureScan HD box is in the system.
    So are you saying I need to either #1 totally bypass the structureScan HD box and just connect the 3 units to each other via ethernet cables... or #2 is just use the StructureScan Box for the 2 console units and run the bow unit hooked to the HDI transducer on my trolling motor and then use a separate Navionics chip for that unit only manually transfering all wpts periodically from the console unit?

7. Member
    The is nothing wrong with Legacy mode on Gen 3s. I ran it for a long time that way with 2 Gen 3s and a StructureScan module. When Network Sonar is turned on the units will search for the best data source available. If you turn off network sonar, the units will be forced to use only the source connected directly to them unless you manually change the source. The only consequence of legacy mode on Gen 3s is you can’t view two 2D sonar sources at the same time on the same screen.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    The is nothing wrong with Legacy mode on Gen 3s. I ran it for a long time that way with 2 Gen 3s and a StructureScan module. When Network Sonar is turned on the units will search for the best data source available. If you turn off network sonar, the units will be forced to use only the source connected directly to them unless you manually change the source. The only consequence of legacy mode on Gen 3s is you can’t view two 2D sonar sources at the same time on the same screen.

NoCAL

Thank you NoCal you explained it clearly where I can understand.