Fighting Butt Frustration

So I’ve been making some split grips both Spinning and Casting but just haven’t found a technique to ream the little rascals I like. Melted the epoxy on the tip of my reamer trying to use the next size up. It’s too tight because you can only use the tips. Went to my drill press and it’s difficult to get it centered. My last idea is to chuck it in my rod lathe and hand drill it but haven’t tried that one yet. So what’s some of the ways you guys are reaming fighting butts. Frustrated

2. Member
    I'm a newbie first rod and I chucked mine in rod lathe seemed to work

3. Member
    I have been building and repairing rods for over 15 years. Over the years I been able to collect a wide variety of broken rods. I use these to make a variety of reamers of different sizes. I cut down a sanding belt and wrap it around the scrap blank and epoxy in place.

4. Member
    I use dream reamers in a cordless drill. Go slow tske your time. Dont use the smallest one, that one melts every time.
    You can also use scrap blanks and sanpaper stripes, or scrap blanks with sanding grits sprinkled over road bond.

All 3 work.

Thanks Clearwater and Dan for the input. I have some broken pieces I can use and thanks to the USPS, just received a Rainshadow Eternity that is broken in half so that will be good for this project. Appreciate the replies.......