98 venom voltage issues...

Ok so last night doing plugs and service i noticed one plug didn't look right. long story short i grabbed the plug wire and it zapped me on that hole. Isolated it while running and that cylinder is not firing correctly. I ordered a new coil and wire for that hole to hopefully solve that problem. My second issue is the motor will not die immediately with the key switching to the off position. Do these two issues go with one another to being a bad coil or do i need to start tracing wires? The motor seems to shut down half of the cylinders with the key but not the entire set. (if that makes sense)

Johnson 200 venom 98 j200stlece.
    Po' Boys Milford Jackpots
    I70 Bass Anglers Team Trail

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Those issues are not related. Most likely a bad ignition switch.

Replaced the coil 20 min ago have normal fire on that hole now. Still trying to read up how to diagnose a ignition issue at the switch.

How to I test the power pack itself to see if this is a deeper issue in the pack ? And wondering what it’ll cost for a new one haha. I traced bulk/yellow wire through the motor checked all the connections and it seems to be okay.

Unplugged the black and yellow wire that comes out of the Cdi power pack and grounded it. Motor doesn’t shut off for 10-15 seconds after that. Assuming this means the pack is bad or on its way out