Thread: Remote battery

Remote battery

I have a 2018 Ranger 1880 MS with a Mercury Verado 200 L4. The starting/house battery is in a compartment under one of the rear jump seats. Storage is at a premium on this boat and I would like to regain this storage by relocating the battery to the center rear bilge area. I would also be doing lithium for ease of R&R. Access to the battery itself once installed will be very difficult. At present I have a lot of terminals landing at the battery. Far too many to have located way down in the bilge. What I am contemplating is running a single cable from each post and landing at a terminal strip. This strip would be mounted in a much more accessible location possibly near the battery switch. I'm wondering about the Mercury Clean power feed. Does this need to be direct to battery or can I move it's location to this strip?

Terminal strip
    Terminal strips.jpg

Your thinking is right on !! I would advise you still put the Charger connections directly on the battery and not on a Terminal Strip. It seems to charge better/faster that way.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents