NMEA 2000 Issues - Help Needed

I connected everything in the boat to a NMEA backbone but am having problems getting devices to show up on the network. I'm beginning to wonder if I have a bad power cable. Here is what I have...
    (2) Elite9 ti2 at console
    (1) Elite12 ti2 at bow
    Ghost motor

I have verified that everything is connected to the NMEA backbone correctly and have the resistors installed at either end of the backbone. When I access the Network menu on a graph I'm thinking I should be able to see every device when I select "device list". However, only the unit I'm currently using shows up.

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks,
    Waldo

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo27 View Post
    I connected everything in the boat to a NMEA backbone but am having problems getting devices to show up on the network. I'm beginning to wonder if I have a bad power cable. Here is what I have...
    (2) Elite9 ti2 at console
    (1) Elite12 ti2 at bow
    Ghost motor

I have verified that everything is connected to the NMEA backbone correctly and have the resistors installed at either end of the backbone. When I access the Network menu on a graph I'm thinking I should be able to see every device when I select "device list". However, only the unit I'm currently using shows up.

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks,
    Waldo
    You for sure have the power hooked up to the NMEA backbone?

Did you tty an auto configure under settings>network to see if it gives you anything?
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

3. Member
    Positive that power is connected to the fuse block under the console. I did try the auto configure and then refreshed the device list. No joy, still only shows the unit I’m currently using.

Update: Got it to work properly. Issue was a bad ground terminal on my fuse block. Once I connected the ground wire from the NMEA power cord to the same ground as my graphs everything started working. Glad that is done, I've been scratching my head for days wondering what I was doing wrong. Feel like a NMEA expert now with all the videos I've watched.
    Last edited by waldo27; 05-29-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Go to network and do a diag on the NMEA2K to see if the bus is on first.
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)