150 EFI battery charging problems

0T151775 Voltage regulators ohm check within range and stator checks good,flywheel magnets attached and good but no voltage rise at the battery when running. What other checks need to be done? Like maybe a fuse or fusible link in the circuit?? Battery is new and has been load tested and is 12.8v fully charged. Thanks!

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Did you check the voltage regulator fuses?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Don,since my experience has been mostly with older motors,I started with all the components of the charging system which checked good. Thought about it overnight and imagined it might be in the harness leading to the starter relay.Followed the wires upward and right at eye level was...you know the rest of the story. Two fuses blown.The guy had experienced a dead battery on the water and jumped it from his trolling battery.I feel like quite the idiot.At least I know the other parts are good.That's what you get when you try to work without the book. Thanks Don!

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glad the final solution was simple.

Make sure the battery is appropriate/correct, connected correctly, and fully-charged so as to prevent the need for a "repeat performance".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor