Thread: Is it Friday?

USA Is it Friday?

Good morning! Have a and get it going! Maybe when this virus stuff is over we can get another get together.

Retired life is still good, and it's still hard to keep up with what day it is. Diane normally keeps me straight, but she is in Baton Rouge helping out her Mom. Son-in-Law is hauling my butt to fish a club tournament tomorrow on Texoma. Haven't bass fished it in forever - just a couple of striper trips which is absolutely no help. Anyone got any tips?

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Mornin Larry ... can't help you out on Texoma. Been maybe 35 years since I've been there. Way before I got my first boat.

3. Member
    You're retired so who cares what day it is. Life of Saturday's and Sunday's.

Quote Originally Posted by Treker47 View Post
    You're retired so who cares what day it is. Life of Saturday's and Sunday's.
    You got it!! Sometimes I have something to do on a certain day - take out the trash, etc. And in this case, go fishin' on Saturday!

Mornin gang!!

6. Member
    Thanks for the coffee

7. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Always catch a few with a spot remover jig and craw worm around the cliffs at Eisenhower.

Lesson learned on Texoma a long, long time ago:
    The lake is deep, and top waters aren't just for bank structure.
    I've used a buzz bait in 40 ft. of water and caught bass there

And, Marina fishing 101. Those bass suspend. You will see them on all them new fancy electronics I swa on that new rig
    Jerk baits, drop shot, and same jig

We found fish in a couple of the creeks, so I think overall, it was a pretty good trip. The idiots were out in force, even up in the creeks, so it was challenging at times. 25 boats fished it, and we ended up around 8th or so, I believe.

Texhoma is a good lake when there is a south wind. There is about 5 miles of cliffs to cover you out aways. I launch at the dam or at the state park.