Thread: River fishing

River fishing

Anglers, river fishing for bass is like trying to figure out rocket science lol I can hold my own in lakes but when I go onto a river seems like I can only have a dink fest at best and I see anglers come in with nice bags of fish. What I’m the world do I need to do to find the better fish? Anything is helpful and I greatly appreciate it!!

There’s a few things to know with river systems. If you’re on a big river like the Ohio, you’re either fishing the bank or a tributary creek. Fishing the banks looking for structure or around docks, maybe an offshore structure like a bridge piling or tree. Spring in the creeks, mainly the river in summer. When to hit the mouth of the creeks. Down size a little on baits. Hit it hard with cranks, lipless and even buzzbaits. Watch water clarity and temp. Smaller rivers are more similar to lake patterns depending on river. Any particular river your on?

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    Kanawha River

Quote Originally Posted by Comanchechristian View Post
    Kanawha River
    It’s just like the Ohio. Fish the same way. I like the fishing better above the capital. A lot of docks to hit and rock piles. Cranks, jerkbaits and I even like topwater.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs