Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got my new Power Tech prop today :(

Well they did great rushing the prop to me, no complaints there. I was very detail oriented when i ordered the prop, they asked me if i wanted vents, I said yes but do not install the plugs, i will install them as i need them, well the prop shows up with no vents in the prop, bummer. The prop needs vents, it was slow out of the hole but not as bad as my 27 and 28 bravo, one thing i did like about it is the bow hardly raises at all on take off, did not get a chance to see what kind of performance it would do, wake board boats all over a small lake. I guess I will call them tomorrow and see if they will just send me a new prop and i will send this one back to them.

2. Member
    Man hate to hear that, my 28 had the vents in it when I got it. My 30 showed up yesterday but I haven’t even opened the box to look it over yet, sure hope it’s got the vents in it. I actually have all the vents in my 28 plugged with solid inserts. Did you order yours from nettles or direct from powertech?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    Man hate to hear that, my 28 had the vents in it when I got it. My 30 showed up yesterday but I haven’t even opened the box to look it over yet, sure hope it’s got the vents in it. I actually have all the vents in my 28 plugged with solid inserts. Did you order yours from nettles or direct from powertech?
    Ordered from Nettles but fairly sure Power Tech is at fault.

4. Member
    Which Powertech prop did you get?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Which Powertech prop did you get?
    brv5, 26 pitch, was just told that they do not vent those props

6. Member
    Interesting.....Strange that they don't vent the props.

7. Member
    Do you have a vented brv5 ?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Do you have a vented brv5 ?
    yep, my 28 has 5 vents in it.

I unboxed and looked at my 30 this morning when I left for work and it doesn’t have any vents. I’ve called powertech to question them and waiting for one of their guys to call me back. I have a picture of the label from the box my 28 came in and it is exactly as the label on the 30 to so I’m confused myself now. Since I have a 28 with vents that came that way, part numbers are all the same I assumed the 30 would have vents as well. Something is fishy here.

9. Member
    Something def fishy here. Powertechs website for this prop has a selection button asking if you want any plugs with the prop with only one selection choice of 5 solid plugs for $25. Why would they offer that selection button if the prop didnt come with the pvs holes to put em in?
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanjp View Post
    Something def fishy here. Powertechs website for this prop has a selection button asking if you want any plugs with the prop with only one selection choice of 5 solid plugs for $25. Why would they offer that selection button if the prop didnt come with the pvs holes to put em in?
    i called PT and spoke to Steven today to inquire about this issue. He said he doesn’t know why my prop wasn’t drilled for the plugs (Rogers also) and said for me to run it as is, if I need it vented they would take care of exchanging it to make it right. I told him that when I ordered it online it shows the vent plug pack as optional, he said he was going to call Nettles himself. I’m gonna stay on top of em.

11. Member
    i called PT and spoke to Steven today to inquire about this issue. He said he doesn’t know why my prop wasn’t drilled for the plugs (Rogers also) and said for me to run it as is, if I need it vented they would take care of exchanging it to make it right. I told him that when I ordered it online it shows the vent plug pack as optional, he said he was going to call Nettles himself. I’m gonna stay on top of em.
    Ran my prop in a tournament today, it sucked as bad as we did, hole shot was horrible with everything full, did not really like the way the prop performed but the lake was like a giant washing machine, there were 250 boats in the tournament and about 250 wake board boats. Will be sending it back and expecting a new one sent. My buddy has a 26 Bravo 1 lab finished that he is going to give me, going to try it out, if I like it I may have it worked, it is a little beat up but not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Ran my prop in a tournament today, it sucked as bad as we did, hole shot was horrible with everything full, did not really like the way the prop performed but the lake was like a giant washing machine, there were 250 boats in the tournament and about 250 wake board boats. Will be sending it back and expecting a new one sent. My buddy has a 26 Bravo 1 lab finished that he is going to give me, going to try it out, if I like it I may have it worked, it is a little beat up but not too bad.
    Roger, ran my 21 SDC today in a tournament on Fork. Live well full ,,,fuel tank full,, two guys lots of tackle.
    hole shot good 3800 rpms no blow out. 83mph was best run. Motor has A little less than 15 hrs.
    are your numbers similar???

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief206 View Post
    Roger, ran my 21 SDC today in a tournament on Fork. Live well full ,,,fuel tank full,, two guys lots of tackle.
    hole shot good 3800 rpms no blow out. 83mph was best run. Motor has A little less than 15 hrs.
    What prop?

14. Member
    No I doubt my numbers are close to that, I am not sure what WOT would be because I really have not had the chance to air it out, my hole shot is embarrassing, the new prop had no vent holes, I am going to have my engine checked to make sure I am getting full throttle.

The prop is a 28 Bravo I . Stock out of the box.
    My hole shot is fine when motor is level with pad or buried. Does a Computer on a Merc 300r Open the motor up at 15 hrs????
    my RPMs at WFO are 6100.
    mine is going to shop for 20 hr oil change. Will have Billy check my throttle as well.

16. Member
    The prop is a 28 Bravo I . Stock out of the box.
    My hole shot is fine when motor is level with pad or buried. Does a Computer on a Merc 300r Open the motor up at 15 hrs????
    my RPMs at WFO are 6100.
    mine is going to shop for 20 hr oil change. Will have Billy check my throttle as well.
    I have a 27 and 28 Bravo, with everything full it takes 15-20 seconds to get on pad with the 27, would not even try the 28 fishing a tourney. Not sure on the computer but something is wrong with my set up or the engine.

17. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Roger I bought the last 300xs from the racing division in 2018 and was thinking about the 300r but decided to go old school. 300xs SM 1.75 Without livewells in the summer heat with two people and fuel I’m on plane in the length of the boat as long as the motor is buried. Maybe a boat length and a half with full live wells and same tournament load. What are the new 4s doing? Are they blowing out? Not spoiling up? I know everyone I talk to locally with the new 4s love them but on completely different animals (Phoenix/BassCat) is it a SM vs TM? Is it the 1.75 vs 1.60? I’ve heard the 4s have a ton of low end power. I’m sure it’s frustrating and hope you get it dialed in. I’m running a 29 and 30p Bravo1 XS
    Jay
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

18. Member
    I am wondering if the 1.60 gears are the issue for Roger. I just text him a video I done yesterday of my hole shot with the vessel view link, I counted it all day and am at 6 seconds. I can’t upload it on here. I am 1.75 gears and a 28 BRV5 prop and livewells not totally full but at water level the stuck the plug in it.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jayfaro View Post
    Roger I bought the last 300xs from the racing division in 2018 and was thinking about the 300r but decided to go old school. 300xs SM 1.75 Without livewells in the summer heat with two people and fuel I’m on plane in the length of the boat as long as the motor is buried. Maybe a boat length and a half with full live wells and same tournament load. What are the new 4s doing? Are they blowing out? Not spoiling up? I know everyone I talk to locally with the new 4s love them but on completely different animals (Phoenix/BassCat) is it a SM vs TM? Is it the 1.75 vs 1.60? I’ve heard the 4s have a ton of low end power. I’m sure it’s frustrating and hope you get it dialed in. I’m running a 29 and 30p Bravo1 XS
    Jay
    1.60 sporty, it just bogs down on hole shot , I think a 26 pitch prop will be the ticket once i find one i like, if the livewells are empty I can run the 27 and 28 Bravo but the hole shot is fair at best with the 27. I may be looking for a 1.75 before this is all over, the factory is the one who recommended the 1.60.

20. Member
    I have a 2019 21XRS w/300R 1.60 years. Currently running a worked 28P Bravo 1 with all holes fully plugged, I am unsure what has been modded on this prop. Prop shaft to pad is 3/4” above pad. With fishing load and two guys (420 lbs combined), live wells empty it has no problems getting on plane. It has zero blow out and spins up to about 3900RPM. Best I have seen with same load is 84.7 @ 5750RPM this is in summer heat. Had seen stuff on the Powertech prop so was thinking about looking into one. My boat is a demo model and had been much faster with a 1.75 gear case and a Mazco 5 prop. I am wanting to find the best setup for fishing and hole shot.
    2019 Bullet 21XRS
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast