Thread: 1978 Terry 5.3m

1978 Terry 5.3m

Hello!

Second boat, first was not much to be desired & served as great trainer. 1978 Terry 5.3m, garage kept, sitting dormant since 2003 w/ bad electronics. I've had greatest time going thru everything.. Kinda sorta.. Few more odds n ends & I should be on water & Mercury Factory Certified. I do collision repair & paint professionally so she's in right hands to continue being cared for & preserved.

IMG_20200513_134604_126.jpg
    20200510_162423.jpg
    IMG_20200513_134604_127.jpg

Congrats and enjoy,she looks good, I always enjoy seeing the older rigs out on the water. All you need now is an old 1978 model year pick up for a tow vehicle.

3. Member
    Agreed!

4. Member
    Love the old school radio / cassette player

5. Member
    Careful! I worked for a terry dealer in 78, and we sold a number of them.everyone wound up being returned to factory due to bad bottoms and transom.terry repaired,but I wonder if they all were fixed.look closely at those areas,good luck Jim sheetz

6. Member
    Transom & bottom looks good Jim! Was owned by gentleman who was supposedly sponsored by Terry & this is the boat they wanted him to run. It's pretty solid being from California

7. Member
    Willie Nelson is the cassette

8. Member
    20200812_122223.jpg

Quick update. Having alot of fun fishing with Terry. Been out 12-15 times this summer skiing, fishing & my only complaints are old fish finders(hard to see) & carpet(vintage astroturf). With all money I saved buying old bass boat I'll use it towards carpet & computers eventually. Right now I'm just enjoying boat & don't really want to start project till it cools down. Everything else has been great until other day somehow front live well fill hose came loose & started leaking into hull. Luckily I caught it in time & made it to shore w 2nd bilge running. The auto bilge did not kick on, so I need to look @ that. Above is photo of all the compartments open to let it bake dry in the AZ sun.