Vessel view question

Hi, I recently got my Vessel View hooked up and running to my Mercury 250 pro xs v8 serial number 2B591250. However, it kept losing connectivity while I was running down the lake. At the end of the day it said I burned 8.6 gallons of fuel. Would this number be for only the time that the unit was connected and reading the motor or does it store data and present the total fuel burn when it re-connects? Also, my module is located at the back of my motor. Should I try snaking the module towards the front and seat it on the side of the motor for better bluetooth connectivity?

2. Member
    I had the same problem when mine was mounted at back of engine. Don was kind enough to suggest going over the top and now it works just fine.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Assuming that you have a Vessel View MOBILE, connected by Bluetooth.

If so- it may help to re-route the bluetooth module up/over the Starboard side of the engine (or purchase the components to move it up to the console- an even better choice).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Assuming that you have a Vessel View MOBILE, connected by Bluetooth.

If so- it may help to re-route the bluetooth module up/over the Starboard side of the engine (or purchase the components to move it up to the console- an even better choice).
    What is required to move it to the console?
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Check to see if you have a 10 pin connector at the console (connected to perhaps an analog instrument harness or other device). Presence of this connector would make the move MUCH easier for you.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Check to see if you have a 10 pin connector at the console (connected to perhaps an analog instrument harness or other device). Presence of this connector would make the move MUCH easier for you.
    OK, I'll check that out. Thanks!!
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

7. Member
    Well, I fueled up before using the boat again and it took 8.7 gallons to fill. So, it appears that it didn't need to be connected the entire time to get the fuel burn. I'm going to try moving the module to get better connectivity. Yes, it's a mobile set up.

8. Member
    Hey Don in order to hook up at console is a jbox what is needed then plug the vessel view into the jbox I have a 4 port jbox and was looking at getting the vessel view but didn't want to put it under the cowling thanks

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcfeedmill View Post
    Hey Don in order to hook up at console is a jbox what is needed then plug the vessel view into the jbox I have a 4 port jbox and was looking at getting the vessel view but didn't want to put it under the cowling thanks
    Please take a moment to review the Forum Announcements- and open your own separate thread (prevents confusion and hi-jacking). In answer to your question, and ACTIVE J-box is what you would need (it must be connected to the Can-P network).