Time for new clubs

For the last 50 years I have bought 3 sets of new clubs. After playing several rounds this year I'm going to splurge on a new set. Going to get fitted for the driver, hybrid 3 and 4 and irons. Not expecting my score or distance to change dramatically. Just want to make better contact with the ball using all my clubs. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    For the last 50 years I have bought 3 sets of new clubs. After playing several rounds this year I'm going to splurge on a new set. Going to get fitted for the driver, hybrid 3 and 4 and irons. Not expecting my score or distance to change dramatically. Just want to make better contact with the ball using all my clubs. We'll see.
    What flex are you going with? I'm 62 now and I bought a used Callaway XR Speed driver with a senior flex. I'm hitting the ball straight but only about 200 yards. I'd like to get a new set but not really sure what to go with. I use Callaway big bertha irons right now. I've been away from golf about 25 years and I'm just getting back into it.
    My favorite color is clear.

3. Member
    The club pro uses some gizmo to measure club head speed, launch angle, lie, shaft flex, length and grips and head design. I'll take that info and order new clubs from his shop. I currently play with: driver is callaway RAZR hawk with a 9.5 loft, standard shaft. Driving distance is from 200 out to 220 yards. Callaway razr X irons standard shaft. 3-5 hybrids.