Fuel Line Connector for aux tank on a 2006 250XS

I have a 2006 250XS serial number 1E001830 that I am trying to rig a auxillary tank for. I already have a two way valve. I ordered a quick disconnect and connect fuel line connector Part No. 22-816856Q 3 but the packaging says for Mercury 75-115 hp motors. Is this to match the factory or related the the fuel flow permitted from these fittings. I am making both the tank hose connection and the motor connection. Will this provide enough flow to run the 250xs?
    Thanks in advance.
    Tom

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Not something I would recommend- there is a good reason that these engines are not rigged with "quick-connect fittings".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member

Fitting

The fitting would just be to the two way valve. I need to carry additional fuel when venturing far. The connect would go to aux tank.

Tom

4. Member
    D9B94DA3-A048-4739-B78B-1D879A77CA4F.jpegThese are connectors being discussed.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    While those are nice connectors- they are really were intended for use with engines below 75hp.

Even with a 3/8" ID line, the actual ID of the fitting connection is considerably less, and creates a potential fuel supply restriction.

Have you considered a portable gas can with a siphon hose?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Is the size an issue for performance or will the reduced flow lean out or cause damage to motor. I just want the ability to bring a spare tank for those long hauls.

Why not a five gallon or six gallon plastic gas container. Pour it in your tank on those long hauls. Easy, saves a lot of troublesome issues and time too.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maineidyl View Post
    Is the size an issue for performance or will the reduced flow lean out or cause damage to motor. I just want the ability to bring a spare tank for those long hauls.
    Substantially increased risk of a lean condition (fuel starvation). Portable fuel can and a "shake-and-siphon tube" is far less likely to cause this type of problem.