Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    Do you know if this requires a hard reset?
    I strongly recommend saving waypoints (not settings) and doing a ahard reset after ALL updates, this one included.

2. Member
    Yes in the ABOUT page every unit will display current software. This update is for LIVE, CARBON and ELITE TI2 only. And yes a hard reset is a good idea. SOP

3. Member
    [QUOTE=bloodman;11144144]
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I just checked my sd card again and I do have .291. Can the carbon unit tell me which one is on it?[/QUOTE
    Does it say for Carbon or Live
    Good catch! Live. I will start over.

4. Member
    Often the wifi version comes out a few days to a couple weeks after the download version.. At least it has seemed that way in the past
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

5. Member
    Yeah, it was about of week for the first Ver 20 to come out over wifi.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

[QUOTE=PMantle;11144426]
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Good catch! Live. I will start over.
    You're welcome

7. Member
    Update worked out great! Lot easier now that I have all my settings save through link. Down scan is better, but still not as sharp as the old lss2. Sonar is terrific.
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I finally was able to connect to my wifi. The unit said no update available. I'll mess around with it some more later.
    Had the same trouble, downloaded o an SD card popped it in and boom.
    GO DAWGS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Ok....so on checking some stuff it fixed the
    "clear cursor" issue.
    Not sure on the rest.
    Thank goodness!!!
    2023 Puma STS

10. Member
    I downloaded the latest carbon update. Soooo... when the update finished the file was named "HDS_Live-20.0-63.1.291" what's up with that?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    I downloaded the latest carbon update. Soooo... when the update finished the file was named "HDS_Live-20.0-63.1.291" what's up with that?
    I did the same thing. You have to make sure you select the one for Carbon.

12. Banned
    There is a 20...291 update for SS3D available, too.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    There is a 20...291 update for SS3D available, too.
    Got it! Thanks... I forget... happens a lot. Is there a preferred load sequence? Load the SS3D first orrrrr.... the Carbon first????

14. Member
    No need to rush to update chartplotters to version 20.0-63.1.291. An error has been detected in the software. With a large number of files on the memory card, there is no way to select all the files in the simulation menu, there is no way to close the file selection window. Software installation 20.0-63.1.223, everything works well.
    This happens both on live and on carbon.
    This is very important for units manufactured after November 2019, because on these devices it is not possible to install previous software.
    Who has already updated the software, check the problem voiced. When confirming the problem, please contact Lowrance Technical Support. The more hits there are in Lowrance, I hope the faster the problem is fixed.

No problem update on my units, 2 X 12" HDS Live. I have not the issues ttt18 have. Only issue i have, is that my units tell, that there is new SW to the Mercury VVL. But NO Software available on Mercury homepage. That is disappointing, because the "Troll control" is not working with NOS 62, that is the SW on the VVL. Need 63.1.279 to the VVL

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wittenborn View Post
    No problem update on my units, 2 X 12" HDS Live. I have not the issues ttt18 have. Only issue i have, is that my units tell, that there is new SW to the Mercury VVL. But NO Software available on Mercury homepage. That is disappointing, because the "Troll control" is not working with NOS 62, that is the SW on the VVL. Need 63.1.279 to the VVL
    If you put on the memory card, for example, seven log entries, even of small sizes of 15-20 mb, it is impossible to close the file selection window by touching the screen, there is no button on the screen.
    Try to put on the memory card, for example, 15 log entries, and choosing a file in the simulation menu, the chartplotter starts to reboot.
    Having installed the previous update, the chartplotter works well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (116.1 KB, 56 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (104.2 KB, 46 views)

Ok... I dont use "Simulator". Not a issue for me ;-)

18. Member
    If connecting by Ethernet, do all units need the same update? All will be Carbon.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue.

20. Member
    FYI, I upgraded last night, no issues w/ the update. Did each carbon separately, then the SS3D. No Hard Reset was needed, everything running well.

Will be on water next week, so don't have a report on how it works in action, but did want to let everyone know I had no issues updating.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast