Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GTB

Prescription polarized fishing glasses

What. Is the best deal on getting prescription polarized progressive sunglasses? I didn’t mean transition
    Last edited by GTB; 05-28-2020 at 08:56 PM.

2. Member
    Following! This astigmatism screws me on contacts.

Oakley has 30% off right now on some models and lenses. I just ordered a new pair of Split Shots with Shallow Water Lenses in my prescription.

4. Member
    I went through my insurance. Lenses were free and frames were heavily discounted. Plus, I was able to pay using my hsa account.

5. Member
    I got the Oakleys and I got to say that it is bar far the best match for the prescription I was given. Oakley grinds all their own lenses for their quality control and they are good at it for sure.!!
    Ed

6. Member
    Pretty sure polarization and transition are 2 different things. Transitions adjust to lighting conditions, polarized lens don't change according to lighting.

7. Member
    If you are looking for dedicated sunglasses I would shy away from transitions. They will only work in direct sunlight and don't always get as dark I think

8. Banned
    Don’t skimp on Rx glasses! , you only have one pair of eyes !, get some Costas or Maui Jim’s ......

9. Member
    I have both Oakley and Maui Jim's and like them both equally. The Maui Jim's were more expensive by far however....
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

10. Member
    I have started using Cocoons, they fit right over your glasses. They are pretty good for the cost.

11. Member
    I just bought two pairs from SportRx, one Costa one Maui Jim. The Costas had a 20% off Memorial Day sale Maui did not. Get in touch with SportRx they have licensed optometrist on had to talk to and their process is very easy plus they carry all the brands. Another thing to add is they give your Rx info to the brand you choose so you get a pair made by that brand plus its covered and they take HSA/FSA if you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    Oakley has 30% off right now on some models and lenses. I just ordered a new pair of Split Shots with Shallow Water Lenses in my prescription.
    A couple years ago I got a quote for some. 9 hundred something bucks!!!
    I just use my 8.00 dollar general specials.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

13. Banned
    I'm going to contact Costa and get pricing from them. I'd like a pair just to have.

14. Member
    I got Maui Jims and had them put 2.5 X readers in them. Great when I have to tie knots and do up close work.

15. Member
    My eye doctor sells costas I only thought I wanted a pair 950.00 for Fisch mirror blue

16. Member
    I get wiley x's from my eye doctor and use insurance. They are around 275. I really like them. I used to wear nothing but costas till i needed glasses. The costas were way to expensive.

I do not believe that you can purchase transition lenses that are polarized.

FLORIDA BOAT: 2016 Ranger 519, Mercury 225 Pro XS, Atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate, Motor Guide Tour Pro, Humminbird Helix 12SI Mega chirp on console, Helix 12SI up front, dual 8' power poles, livewell pumpout

LET US NOT LOSE SIGHT OF HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE TO ENJOY FISHING AND THE OUTDOORS! CATCHING JUST MAKES IT A BIT SWEETER!

18. GTB
    I made a mistake. I didn’t mean transition lenses, I meant progressive lenses.

Zenni.com
    On my 2nd pair of polarized prescription sunglasses from them. Frames are good quality.
    Prices are the lowest you'll find.

20. Member
    Zenni optical.

I pay $100 for awesome prescription sunglasses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast