1st day on lithium batteries

Very happy with the first day on my Amped Outdoors 60ah lithium batteries in my Tracker. I am running a Minkota 80# Maxum TM. On Saturday I spent 9 hours on Cowan lake only running the TM and multiple times running 90-100% for 10min at a time. I checked the batteries last night and they was at 13.02v still. Any idea on what battery life % that would be?

I hope to get out this weekend and run the boat to see if there are any performance gains.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

2. Member
    i could seem them last 7-8 years at least
    Last edited by mactlman; 05-29-2020 at 06:56 AM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

The first two sentences sound like an advertisement, are you now sponsored?
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

4. Member
    Thanks for the update you definitely need a good trolling motor set up on Cowan without a 9.9. I have been looking at the batteries you bought and the 50ah Iconic but just waiting to next year to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    The first two sentences sound like an advertisement, are you now sponsored?
    I am sponsored!...... but only by my wife! Just letting others know my experience so far.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

6. Member
    Just keep in mind that voltage is not a very reliable way to measure the amount of battery you have left with a lithium. It will stay very steady until the end, then it just tanks.
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghappy View Post
    Just keep in mind that voltage is not a very reliable way to measure the amount of battery you have left with a lithium. It will stay very steady until the end, then it just tanks.

they work great until the edge of the cliff then over you go into nothing left!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    Nine hours run time and power left sounds like a success to me with a Maxum.

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghappy View Post
    This [above] is why I’ve been thinking that those setups showing % of charge remaining are the cat’s meow for lithium batteries. I know that several recent adopters of lithiums for their boats have reported fishing a whole day and having 71%—or something like that—remaining. Such data, especially if accurate, would be worth its weight in gold for anglers on multi-day trips who have found it difficult to get convenient access to charging where their boats are parked. Similarly, we’ve seen several reports of lithiums quickly recharging up to or near full capacity in an hour or two. With accurate charge-remaining readout, it would be a lot more convenient to top off your batteries for a short time, then move your boat to let someone else have that “charging space” open for their use.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    This [above] is why I’ve been thinking that those setups showing % of charge remaining are the cat’s meow for lithium batteries. I know that several recent adopters of lithiums for their boats have reported fishing a whole day and having 71%—or something like that—remaining. Such data, especially if accurate, would be worth its weight in gold for anglers on multi-day trips who have found it difficult to get convenient access to charging where their boats are parked. Similarly, we’ve seen several reports of lithiums quickly recharging up to or near full capacity in an hour or two. With accurate charge-remaining readout, it would be a lot more convenient to top off your batteries for a short time, then move your boat to let someone else have that “charging space” open for their use.
    Definitely, you can get meters that work with lithiums that basically measure how much power is going or coming and do the math. Also, the Power Pole Charge will do this for you as well. I wish all brands would do some sort of meter at least on the battery, but Ionics bluetooth app is definitely a step up.
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna