linking question

So can a gen 1 Helix SI link to an Ipilot terrova with link? I am getting mixed answers. I just want to be able to select a waypoint from the screen on the Helix and go to it and have the trolling motor drive me there. Also wondering if a Gen 1 Helix SI can share waypoints with a 859ci Hd? I don't care about seeing sonar on the others screen, I just want to be able to see the waypoints on both and when I save a point on either graph I want it to be saved on both. I understand I wont be able to share mapping but hopefully waypoints will work.

2. Member
    I believe the answer to both questions is yes.

3. Member
    I believe that to be correct with a caveat. The waypoints will not be saved to both. The unit that creates the waypoint has it written to memory. The other unit will display it but only when the originating unit is on and communicating to through the Ethernet. Also make sure both units have been updated to the latest level. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    I believe that to be correct with a caveat. The waypoints will not be saved to both. The unit that creates the waypoint has it written to memory. The other unit will display it but only when the originating unit is on and communicating to through the Ethernet. Also make sure both units have been updated to the latest level. Bob
    Ah. Great catch! That is accurate.

5. Member
    It can work as noted but in order to network all three devices you will need to use an Ethernet Switch if not already using one.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Member
    Are you referring to the box with ethernet ports?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan25 View Post
    Are you referring to the box with ethernet ports?
    Yes

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...thernet-switch
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow