Thread: 2010 pro xs 225

2010 pro xs 225

2010 pro xs 225 #1B828078 315hrs The story..I made a short 5 min run back to ramp to end the day. Waiting for the dock to clear out, I was just sitting there in nuetral when she started making a BAD noise so I shut her down quickly. Trolling motor to dock and onto trailer. Started her up on the trailer and took a short video. It seems to be coming from the port side. My first though was the compressor took a shit but not so sure after checking it out. It feels solid without any play. I've got some thoughts about it and none of them are good lol. I figured I'd post it for some of the merc experts. Thanks

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It's very difficult (sometimes downright impossible) to accurately diagnose "sounds" by monitor and keyboard.

A lot of the sound in that video is "reed slap". I would recommend careful inspection and checking all of the basics.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. I completely understand what your saying. I just figured I'd throw it out there. Video isn't the greatest and probably should have left the top on as it seemed more apparent that way. I'll be calling to get her in since your only an hour or so away.

4. Member
    Finally got back on the water today Turned out to be the compressor as I had originally suspected. Big thanks to Don @European Marine!! Hands down the best experience I've had dealing with any motor I've owned.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

And I'll add that you have a VERY good ear. If you had caught that any earlier there wouldn't have been anything to show you.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor