Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EVinrude - No Moe...

So should us Evinrude guys be looking to dump ASAP or stay the course and let the chips fall?
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    So should us Evinrude guys be looking to dump ASAP or stay the course and let the chips fall?
    Nah, makes them worth more as a collectors item.
    Last edited by rangerman942; 06-01-2020 at 07:13 AM.
    2018 Ranger RT188 Custom Jet
    150/105 Evinrude ETEC Jet

3. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerman942 View Post
    Nah, makes them worth more as a collectors item.
    Smart man!

I know they are stronger than two men, a boy and a donkey....
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

4. Member
    I believe trade/ resale on an Evinrude powered boat just took a big hit.

Just one guy’s opinion.

5. Member
    If it runs good and you're happy with it....keep it.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    I believe trade/ resale on an Evinrude powered boat just took a big hit.

Just one guy’s opinion.
    Agree. Resale was already lower in general as it was so this definietly wont help. People wont have confidence in it unless they are dead set on wanting it still. This sudden news of this shocks me honestly but with the lack of sales kindof seen this coming at some point. They just didnt really compete and they dumped a ton of money in the G2 tech and released the smaller 3 cyl models too. Bottom fell out somewhere. Sucks for the workers.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    Shame. Best motor I ever owned was a 90hp V4 Johnson. Had it on a 17' Triumph CC and if you didn't hold on, the hole shot would throw you out the boat. Looks like Bombardier ain't bringing them back.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

8. Member
    I had evinrude motors for 40 years and just bought a new ranger with G2, great motors.

I hate to see this and don't understand it. I don't know about nationally, but my dealer said he has sold more boats and had the best spring he has ever had.....with a lot of people not working.
    This may end soon as people realize the reality of 25% unemployment and what it would will do to our economy in the years ahead. A lot of these jobs wont come back anytime soon.
    Maybe they see the future and are getting ahead of it. I would be concerned about warranty and parts.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

10. #FRB
    If you have a Rude on your boat I'd run it until it pops then repower with the best candidate at the time...or sell now before news spreads too much more.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

11. Member
    Hell, I'm thinking I might get a great deal on a new G2 now. Although I love my boat age G1. Cranks and purrrs within 5 seconds after sitting months at a time.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    I hate to see this and don't understand it. I don't know about nationally, but my dealer said he has sold more boats and had the best spring he has ever had.....with a lot of people not working.
    This may end soon as people realize the reality of 25% unemployment and what it would will do to our economy in the years ahead. A lot of these jobs wont come back anytime soon.
    Maybe they see the future and are getting ahead of it. I would be concerned about warranty and parts.
    I find it really strange that folks are willing to go out and purchase a luxury item like a boat with the uncertainty with the economy. However if that is a tell about consumer confidence as a whole that is very good news.

I am in the process of selling my 1980 and will have it finalized today. When the announcement came out, I was concerned that the deal would fall through. Honestly because I am not that guy who wants to screw over the buyer. I didn't want to sell him a boat with understanding that there was 8.5 years of warranty left on the motor only to have it not honored or dropped etc. After talking with Vexus, my dealer and Evinrude, I feel much better about the sale. Evinrude isn't closing their doors or filing bankruptcy. They will do the warranty work just as they would if they were still making them. BRP has very deep pockets and they are the money behind Rude. My guess is in 6 months Evinrude will resurface with a 4S. Really sucks though because of the perception it will give guys when trying to sell their boat. The resale/trade will undoubtedly take a hit. I was lucky in that the buyer understood that he was still getting what he wanted regardless of them stopping production. I was upfront and asked him if he heard the news and what he wanted to do? He said buy the damn boat. Good enough for me.

Now, I have to change my order and decide if I want a Merc or Yamaha on the back of my 2080. I originally had the G2 on the order.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

14. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    After talking with my dealer, I feel much better. Evinrude isn't closing their doors or filing bankruptcy. They will do the warranty work just as they would if they were still making them. BRP has very deep pockets and they are the money behind Rude. My guess is in 6 months Evinrude will resurface with a 4S.
    My thinking as well...

Good luck on the new purchase. I can vouch for the Merc 4S PXS, they are strong motors!

I, myself, am 2S till the end...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

15. Member
    No way would i consider dumping mine because of this news! I think the worst thing you could do would be selling now.

I ran my Johnson 150 Faststrike for 19 years and as far as i know it's still running now. I plan on doing the same with the G2 which is the best motor i've owned so far.

Got to laugh at some of these comments that they are worthless now

16. Member
    I can’t say a bad thing about my 225H0 G2 so will run it until I sell the boat on a few years to upgrade.

I definitely didn't dump mine due to the news. I was already in the process of selling it when it came out. Been wanting a 2080. I like my G2 150 so much that I planned on putting a G2 200 on my new boat. The G2 thus far, is hands down the best motor I have ever had on any of my boats. Just a badass motor. I am a little nervous going back to Merc. However, I have heard the V8 Merc is pretty damn bullet proof and a top performing engine.
    Last edited by Jonesslk; 05-29-2020 at 01:08 PM.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

Damn, Damn, Damn....... I thought it was a nightmare but I was awake. I think they have something up the sleeve as they have no plans to sell the name or the technology and we know its the most technologically advanced outboard going. They want to focus on their ghost tech, which leads me to believe they will be the first mass produced electric outboard. I did think it was funny they inked the deal with Mercury to provide their motors when they said they didn't consider Mercury competition.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

19. Member
    Here’s the problem with electric outboard.

It’s not just developing the outboard, the entire boat that it’s on would have to be rebuilt to accommodate all the extra battery capacity required to run it.

Probably looking at the equivalent of 12-20 marine batteries to make sufficient power. All those batteries have to be placed somewhere in the boat.

I don’t think they are going for electric, I’m gonna say if they build anything it’ll be a 4 stroke.

Maybe something along the lines of a 4- Mix engine like Stihl power equipment, where you still have a true 4 stroke operation, valves, etc. but no oil sump, the oil still mixed into the fuel system.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by javjoe View Post
    No way would i consider dumping mine because of this news! I think the worst thing you could do would be selling now.

I ran my Johnson 150 Faststrike for 19 years and as far as i know it's still running now. I plan on doing the same with the G2 which is the best motor i've owned so far.

Got to laugh at some of these comments that they are worthless now
    Agree 100%. Why would I sell now? Motor has been flawless 5 years in
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast