Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can't Shake This Illness

About a month ago I had posted about having a 103 fever and being tested for covid - that thread must have gotten real interesting because it appears to have been deleted, I was too sick to keep tabs on it. Anyway, I was not seen by a doctor - just tested in my car for covid and told that the results would come back in 5 days and to isolate myself from my family in my bedroom until then. No antibiotics prescribed, just told to take Tylenol to keep the fever in check. The results came back negative after 5 days but I still had the fever and a very sore throat along with fatigue and lack of appetite. I called the doctor after I got the results to let them know I was still sick and still had a fever but they just called in a Z-pack of antibiotics and did not offer to see me. I took the full course of antibiotics and the fever/sore throat has gone away; however, I still have fatigue, no appetite, and when I do eat my stomach gets upset very easily. I am dropping weight pretty quickly, but obviously not in a healthy way. I called the doctor on Tuesday and they ordered blood work which came back with some elevated liver enzymes which the nurse mentioned on the phone and some blood count numbers that she didn't mention but that I think may indicate that I still have some sort of infection. The doctor has ordered an ultrasound of my abdomen next Monday and may refer me to a gastroenterologist.

Anyone else dealing with these symptoms or have similar experience with their doctor recently?
    2009 Tracker Pro 170 TX - Mercury 40 HP EFI

2. Member
    My wife did a video session with our PCP about a month ago.

I went for a COVID test on Sunday, PCP says once I have results back and if I am still feeling bad to setup an appointment. If test is negative he will see me in the office to take a look, if positive then he will do a video session with me.

3. Member
    I got flu like symptoms back in Feb. of this year. Had the flu test and it came back negative. I was sick as a dog. Four days later I go back to the doctor. I test positive for Type B flu and pneumonia. I got the usual meds and shot. Should be better in a week. Fast forward it is the end of March and I am still sick. Not as bad but I am sick. Shortness of breath, bad cough, and sever fatigue. I try to go back to the doctor and no luck. Seems I am too sick to go see the doctor. I have to sit in the parking lot and talk to him over the phone. He won't treat me because the meds I probably need would kill me if I have Covid-19. I go and get tested at my Health Department. Two days later I get a negative result. I can now go back to the doctor with my negative test result. Turns out I have bronchitis now. I get some different meds and in 3 days I am back to my old self. I was sick for over 2 months total. I have not had the blood test to see if I had the virus back in February. If Covid-19 is worse than what I had at the start of all this, I can totally understand how it kills you. I could only take shallow breaths. If i tried to take a normal breathe my lungs would rattle and I would cough so hard I busted blood vessels in my eyes. Good luck with whatever you have going on.
    BulletTJ
    Tim
    There is never a wrong time
    to do the right thing!

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasj View Post
    About a month ago I had posted about having a 103 fever and being tested for covid - that thread must have gotten real interesting because it appears to have been deleted, I was too sick to keep tabs on it. Anyway, I was not seen by a doctor - just tested in my car for covid and told that the results would come back in 5 days and to isolate myself from my family in my bedroom until then. No antibiotics prescribed, just told to take Tylenol to keep the fever in check. The results came back negative after 5 days but I still had the fever and a very sore throat along with fatigue and lack of appetite. I called the doctor after I got the results to let them know I was still sick and still had a fever but they just called in a Z-pack of antibiotics and did not offer to see me. I took the full course of antibiotics and the fever/sore throat has gone away; however, I still have fatigue, no appetite, and when I do eat my stomach gets upset very easily. I am dropping weight pretty quickly, but obviously not in a healthy way. I called the doctor on Tuesday and they ordered blood work which came back with some elevated liver enzymes which the nurse mentioned on the phone and some blood count numbers that she didn't mention but that I think may indicate that I still have some sort of infection. The doctor has ordered an ultrasound of my abdomen next Monday and may refer me to a gastroenterologist.

Anyone else dealing with these symptoms or have similar experience with their doctor recently?
    Head for the emergency room.....take a mask...

5. Banned
    Antibiotics and Tylenol will raise you liver levels. Keep that in mind.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Please. , Enough is Enough..... make them take you!

7. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Hope things turn around for you and quick. Sounds horrible.

Dale Sinclair original

Sounds like Maybe diverticulitis
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

9. Member
    Sounds like you should have been tested again. The test aren’t 100%; more like 75%. However, that still wouldn’t make you feel any better, but at least you would’ve known why you feel like you do.

10. Member
    Testing is at best 50% now. My brother was sick back in December, and all through the winter. He went to the hospital twice, said he had the flu. Lost his job, because he was too sick to work. Still recovering. The ball was dropped on this Covid issue, big time!

11. Member
    Covid test are not all equal some have up to a 33% false negative fail rate. Get retested, from what I have read elevated liver enzymes can be a symptom of Covid. Elevated AST and ALT are signs that your liver are stressed.

Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post
    your symptoms sounds just like my neighbor behind me. She liked to have died from this. Get to the hospital.

13. Member

Might need to have a second opinion at least.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    your symptoms sounds just like my neighbor behind me. She liked to have died from this. Get to the hospital.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Where is the emergency?
    He needs to see his PCP, followed by a GI
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

My wife and I both had severe respiratory issues around Thanksgiving. We were checked for the flu and strep, both negative. We had a steroid shot and a z-pack and got a little better then had another round of antibiotics. Neither of us had much of a fever, but we did have a horrible cough. We couldn't smell or taste. By Jan. 2020 we felt tons better but we still had a lingering cough that lasted till early Feb. We're convinced we had Covid...
    I hope you get checked out and treated ASAP!

(606)305-1956

18. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post
    What about these symptoms sound like an infection in the lining of his intestines??
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Keep em coming. This is hilarious ...

To the OP... sorry you're not feeling well and I hope you feel better soon. The only good advice you can possibly get here is encouragement to discuss this further with your doctor. The docs here in the lounge are notoriously bad. Myself excluded, of course.

For the rest of you guys... there is a diagnosis that might be worth considering if the OP is a younger than say 35 or so. No one has mentioned it yet. Anyone?
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Quote Originally Posted by BeeNix View Post
    My wife and I both had severe respiratory issues around Thanksgiving. We were checked for the flu and strep, both negative. We had a steroid shot and a z-pack and got a little better then had another round of antibiotics. Neither of us had much of a fever, but we did have a horrible cough. We couldn't smell or taste. By Jan. 2020 we felt tons better but we still had a lingering cough that lasted till early Feb. We're convinced we had Covid...
    I hope you get checked out and treated ASAP!
    This, but ours started in January and lasted until early March... My wife had two rounds of z-pack and I had one round of regular amoxicillin. Lungs hurt for weeks after that...
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast