Yamaha SHO won’t start up when trimmed all the way down

Looking for any and all info into a sporadic issue I’ve been having with my 225 SHO.
    seemingly at random, If I pull up to a spot and t he motor is trimmed all the way down
    when I get there, then a bit later when I try to leave the motor turns over but won’t fire up.
    it acts like the tether chord is off. Motor cranks but won’t fire up. If you trim it up half way
    it will start up. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Member
    There’s another thread on here someone just started with what sounds like the same issue. Might be worth checking it out

3. Member

I think I solved my problem now your Sho

Quote Originally Posted by Bassasassin920 View Post
    Looking for any and all info into a sporadic issue I’ve been having with my 225 SHO.
    seemingly at random, If I pull up to a spot and t he motor is trimmed all the way down
    when I get there, then a bit later when I try to leave the motor turns over but won’t fire up.
    it acts like the tether chord is off. Motor cranks but won’t fire up. If you trim it up half way
    it will start up. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I have an 06' HPDI and it was doing almost the same thing as you wrote. After pulling my hair out and talking to a few other folks I got two guys that both told me to change my fuel priming bulb. I hauled up to Cabela's and put down $38.00 for a new primer bulb and went and installed it. An issue that has plagued me for 4 years has now disappeared!
    For less than $40.00 I got rid of a problem that has kept me awake at night! Change your primer bulb! And let us hear back from you!