Thread: Iconic charger?

Iconic charger?

It seems this charger is pretty new but curious as how it's working out for you guys that do own it. Also, do you use it with Iconic batteries or a different brand.

Have you guys watched the voltage to see if it maintains the 14.6v charge throughout the entire charging process?

I don't think my Dual Pro Pro3 is up to the task to charge my lithium batteries, even though 2 banks are set for lithium.

2. Member
    I have the Ionic charger and all Ionic batteries. As far as other brands are you referring to other lithium’s or other AGM batteries? I do know it will charge AGM’s, as for other lithium’s unless they have some odd charging requirements yes it will work on all LiFePo4 lithium batteries. I haven’t monitored it through the entire charge process but when I initially plug it in it shows 14.6 volts and when I unplug it at 100% it shows 13.8 which is the correct floating voltage. The APPs are awesome!!!

I had a dual pro 4 bank, I didn’t even try it on my lithium’s, my OCD wouldn’t allow me. To me that’s an expensive investment and I want to ensure I’m getting my return and taking no chance of issues so I purchased the Ionic charger as well. The charger is very nice and very light.

3. Member
    Same for me. I have the Ionic charger and the Ionic batteries. App shows all is good.

4. Member
    I like mine. Small, lightweight and affordable. Charges my 3 Ionic batteries and the AGM cranking battery great.

Can that Ionic charger be used on wet cell batteries and be left plugged in?
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastman151 View Post
    Can that Ionic charger be used on wet cell batteries and be left plugged in?
    It says it can but you know how that goes.....

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    The charger can be used for WET, AGM and Lithium lifepo4 batteries. The charger charges up to 14.6v then stays on as a float at 13.8V when plugged in. Can be left plugged in all cases.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    The charger can be used for WET, AGM and Lithium lifepo4 batteries. The charger charges up to 14.6v then stays on as a float at 13.8V when plugged in. Can be left plugged in all cases.
    With the Ionic, does it actually start off at 14.6v right off the bat and maintains that until the batteries are almost charged, then floats to 13.8v?

Here's the issue I'm having with my Dual Pro and my lithium batteries.

I have 2 KS Energy 60aH LifePO4 for trolling and now a Amped Outdoors 60aH starting LifePO4 battery.

On my KS Energy batteries, there's a built in voltage and capacity % display.

When I was charging my batteries, which the charger is hooked up to a 2000w Champion inverter. The charger showed my batteries at 50%. The display on the batteries show 80% and only 13.4v-13.5v.

This is the 15 amp per bank charger, with 2 banks set at a lithium profile. It was charging for over 3 hrs and on the charger , it still only showed 50%. On the battery displays, it showed 90-91%.

So in theory, I should have added 45 amps to each battery but that doesn't appear to be the case. Once Ina while, the batteries with show 70% charge on the charger but then drops back to the 50% LED.

There's really no indication I ran my batteries down to 25% or less other than the charging time.

I just don't think the lithium profiles are correct. I never once saw it show 14+v on the LCD display of the batteries.

Thinking maybe the Ionic will be a battery match.

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    With the Ionic, does it actually start off at 14.6v right off the bat and maintains that until the batteries are almost charged, then floats to 13.8v?

Here's the issue I'm having with my Dual Pro and my lithium batteries.

I have 2 KS Energy 60aH LifePO4 for trolling and now a Amped Outdoors 60aH starting LifePO4 battery.

On my KS Energy batteries, there's a built in voltage and capacity % display.

When I was charging my batteries, which the charger is hooked up to a 2000w Champion inverter. The charger showed my batteries at 50%. The display on the batteries show 80% and only 13.4v-13.5v.

This is the 15 amp per bank charger, with 2 banks set at a lithium profile. It was charging for over 3 hrs and on the charger , it still only showed 50%. On the battery displays, it showed 90-91%.

So in theory, I should have added 45 amps to each battery but that doesn't appear to be the case. Once Ina while, the batteries with show 70% charge on the charger but then drops back to the 50% LED.

There's really no indication I ran my batteries down to 25% or less other than the charging time.

I just don't think the lithium profiles are correct. I never once saw it show 14+v on the LCD display of the batteries.

Thinking maybe the Ionic will be a battery match.
    the ionic will start out just over 13v and voltage will rise as the battery voltage does and on a lithium it will go to 14.6 , just depends on the SOC when you plug it in
    I saw a lot of odd issues with the dualpros and the K2s 48ah and 111ah, as a dealer for Dualpro also I tested a few different profiles
    the NANO was supposed to be a universal profile but now they seem to be going back to a K2 profile, Ionic profile and a few others but some brands do fine with the NaNo

the Ionic has worked flawlessly on the K2s and I know I have sold some to be used on other brands
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    the ionic will start out just over 13v and voltage will rise as the battery voltage does and on a lithium it will go to 14.6 , just depends on the SOC when you plug it in
    I saw a lot of odd issues with the dualpros and the K2s 48ah and 111ah, as a dealer for Dualpro also I tested a few different profiles
    the NANO was supposed to be a universal profile but now they seem to be going back to a K2 profile, Ionic profile and a few others but some brands do fine with the NaNo

the Ionic has worked flawlessly on the K2s and I know I have sold some to be used on other brands
    My batteries are KS Energy/ GSL Energy straight from China. Their BMS is pretty simple. From what I can tell, a lot of these imported ones are very similar.

I'm going to give that Ionic charger a try. My plan is going to double up the leads onto the "main" battery, so I don't waste a bank and the Amped Outdoors battery states Charge Current: 50A Max. I assume you have customers that double up on a battery, if they have a spare bank, with no reported issues?

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    My batteries are KS Energy/ GSL Energy straight from China. Their BMS is pretty simple. From what I can tell, a lot of these imported ones are very similar.

I'm going to give that Ionic charger a try. My plan is going to double up the leads onto the "main" battery, so I don't waste a bank and the Amped Outdoors battery states Charge Current: 50A Max. I assume you have customers that double up on a battery, if they have a spare bank, with no reported issues?
    yes running double leads on the cranking will be fine
    info@drewcraft.com