Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI/Di G2N transducer replacement

Good evening. Yesterday my transducer for my Helix 10 broke off. I'm trying to find a replacement. The tag on the transducer cable shows it as a "XM 9 H1012 HW MSI G2N". I was trying to get the "XM 9 HW MSI T" from HB, but after speaking to Technical support they told me that transducer is not compatible for the gen 2. They look identical. They said I would get sonar, but SI/DI was not going to work because they work at different frequencies. The difference in the part name is the "H1012". That is specific for the Gen 2. Does anybody know where I can get the "XM 9 H1012 HW MSI" besides HB? or does anybody have one available to sell that dont need? HB is a pricey for my budget right now. Thank you for your time.

Having that transducer means you have the special run 2019/2020 G2N SI HW Promo unit that has been on sale at Bass Pro, Cabelas, and Scheels since Black Friday.
    That transducer is not an accessory that can be purchased so no place will have it but Humminbird.
    It ONLY comes with the Helix 10 and Helix 12 SI HW Promo units.
    The H1012 in the model name designates it for for those two units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    I guess “XM 9 HW MSI T" will work, very likely. The frequencies are mostly the same. Imagine CHIRP were off, then there definitely were certain frequencies the same, which should work for both generations.

Take a look at how the minnkota TM built-in Mega transducer Works for so many G2 and G3 units.

Based on my experience, Some CS representatives don’t know technical details sometimes, but not sure if it applies here.

You take your Own risk though! The good thing is your unit is still within warranty.
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 05-28-2020 at 06:50 PM.

4. Member
    I really appreciate your info. I'll just have to buy it from HB. Thanks for your reply and time.

5. Member
    I spoke to HB they said it will not work with G3 transducer. I do have to get the H1012. Really appreciate the info and your time.