Evinrude No More

Man this is a bum deal. My G2 is a beast, I am very happy with it. A lot of new Vexus boats out there with G2's. Talking with my dealer, Rude will honor warranty and service. But still, resale is going to take a massive hit if there is a G2 hanging on the back. Few years down the road parts are going to get harder and harder to find. Especially for those of us with the 10 year warranty. Glad I am closing on the sell of my 1980 this week. It was already in play as I was stepping up to a 2080, now need to change the order to from G2 to a Pro XS.

“Our outboard engines business has been greatly impacted by COVID-19, obliging us to discontinue production of our outboard motors immediately. This business segment had already been facing some challenges and the impact from the current context has forced our hand,” said José Boisjoli, President and CEO of BRP. “We will concentrate our efforts on new and innovative technologies and on the development of our boat companies, where we continue to see a lot of potential to transform the on-water experience for consumers,” he added.
    Discontinuing outboard engine business and signing an agreement with Mercury Marine
    Following our decision to discontinue E-TEC and E-TEC G2 outboard engines, we have signed an agreement with market leader Mercury Marine to support boat packages and continue to supply outboard engines to our boat brands.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

WTF. That sucks big time like you i got the 10 year warranty when i bought my 2080 was on the fence with the G2 and the pro xs but went with the G2.
    Resale is not an option for me.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

3. Member
    I'm thinking that it will be okay. I had a ficht on the first boat I bought 7 years ago. Could still get parts for them (although I didn't need any). I believe BRP will come back to the game with another engine. Parts and warranties will not be affected. I could be very wrong, but im not overly concerned yet. What sucks is IMO they were the best engine on the market. Have absolutely loved my last 2....and even loved my 2003 BRP Ficht before that!!
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

4. Member
    It sucks for sure, I to think things will be ok on resell, I to was going to move into a 2080 next year with a G2, but now it will be a Yammy if I still decide to go that route.

5. Member
    brp is done with outboards losing deal for all the folks that bought them.

6. Member
    i love my G2 and will till i die. just hope the G2 outlasts me.lol ( i'm 71) so it mite be doable !!! lol
    either the price/value will skyrocket or it will drop like a rock, just hard to say at this point !
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

7. Member
    Resale will drop like a rock .I was thinking g2 would be my next motor.When and if I buy again.10 year warranty is the best .Hope they stand behind it