Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How Do You Guys Do It

My tackle is a mess, no order to what goes where. Fish multi species almost everytime out. Not always from same boat. How do you keep your tackle, baits ,jigs all your stuff organized and able to switch boats and still be good for the day? HELP

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Organize boxes instead of watching TV every once in a while is my solution.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I have boxes for pretty much every species that I throw into a backpack when I go fishing. All my unused stuff is kept on a shelf in small totes specific to each species. When I get home, I put the boxes away so they're ready for the next trip. If something is out I replenish it. Basically just taking the time to do it is the secret.

4. Member
    Just finished my shop and started on my fishing wall. I only have one pic of it when I first started working on it. It’s complete now!
    828386C5-D815-4E18-A064-9DE74915BCA3.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

5. Member
    Take some time an formulate a plan. Write it down on a legal plan.

I got some 3700 boxes, square bills, shad raps, deep divers, DT 4, DT 6.

Jigs, flipping jigs, box for spinner baits.

Another large box for soft plastics (I leave them in package)

Just figure out what you want and match your storage boxes to what you use most often.

Don't get frustrated, take your time and make it fun.

After I "finally" got my mess cleaned up I feel it made me a more efficient angler.

Good Luck.

6. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    I try not to make things too complicated. Worms in one bigger container, creatures in another, and smaller shoebox size plastic totes for specialized stuff like Ned, swimbaits, Biffle Bug, etc. Box for squarebills, box for average diving cranks, box for deep divers, box for shadraps, box for jerks, box for lipless, box for spinnerbaits, box for grubs, box for senko's, etc. Keep each category with each other basically.

For going with someone else have a regular tackle box or a couple 3700's that you can throw some hard baits and spinnerbaits in then a gallon ziplock to throw some plastics in. I know around here for plastics as long as you have a couple different types in some form of watermelon and some form of green pumpkin you'll be good to go on most clearer lakes and then of course black and blue and purple variations for dirty water. And if the person you're going with doesn't mind sharing don't be afraid to dip into their baits and be the same way when people fish with you.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

7. Member
    I know what's in my boat and where to go to get it. Every year before fishing starts I take everything out of my boat, sort thru it, and put it back. If I need something it doesn't take me very long to get it. Really helps when tournament fishing.

8. Member
    Just Encase.

9. Member
    I am all unorganized.

10. Member
    just keep up on it, pay attention to detail, check split rings, replace hooks and do the things that will save you time on the water instead of trying to find / fix / organize baits.

11. Member
    i am still trying to figure out how to keep a work bench clean lol

12. Member
    It comes down to personality. If you are unorganized, You will always be unorganized. We all know that person who is late for everything. They never change, kinda the same principle.

13. Member
    Another small tip I learned. If you like to mark all your boxes like me, use a small piece of duct tape and write on it with a sharpie whatever that box is. I.E. spinnerbaits, small cranks, jigs, etc. That way if you ever want to switch boxes or use a box for something else you can just pull the tape off and remark it.
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

I keep everything on pegboard and take what I need every trip.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

15. Member
    I'm not a multi species guy, I prefer to just bass fish, but I have all my gear organized in boxes. I have 3700 boxes for terminal tackle, jigs, frogs, swimbaits, crankbaits, etc. My soft plastics go in a Bass Mafia Money bag or the Plano KVD Speedbag Wormfile. I enjoy the organization so at least once a year in the spring I go through everything to get it ready for the year. As the year progresses I'll take out or add in things I want for each trip. I fish FLW tournaments as a co-angler and I'll talk to my boater the day before to see how they plan to fish. That tells me what I'm bringing that day so I can cut down on how much I need to bring. I'd use that same mentality when you're deciding what you're fishing that day. Take what you need and leave the rest home.

I keep the packages in a file cabinet, refill the 3700’s as they need. For walleye or backseating I have 3 soft sides I can slide 3700 trays in

17. Member
    Dude,

That is a mess. You will have to start over. You misspelled "clippers".

Don't take this seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbass2 View Post
    Dude,

That is a mess. You will have to start over. You misspelled "clippers".

Don't take this seriously.
    spell check

I use the Dewy Decimal system.

20. Member
    I am not super organized but am not in a total cluster f... either. I could do better!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast