Thread: Gaston help

Gaston help

We are heading up with the family for a much needed getaway. Unfortunately it looks like a ton of rain heading our way. I was wondering if someone could help me with the current pattern or lure selection to use right now. Is there a particular part of the lake to fish? Any advice is apprecited

2. Member
    I just fished it last weekend and never really got on the fish. One caught 1 good one that was 4lbs. Most others were the 12-14" range. As far as the water goes it will be clearer down lake towards pea hill area. I personally like the upper lake and into the river. I like the dirtier water. As for me I like to fish the grass with a swimjig, flipping or wacky worm. Some top water on the grass is ok as well. Hope this helps a little.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Banned
    Gaston shouldn't be to high I wouldn't think. Its controlled for the most part. Now Kerr on the other hand, water level might be in Henderson by now.

4. Member
    Are they in postspawn now? Are they moving out deeper?

Yep!

water will start to be high...
    we got an email today stating to expect it to be in FLOOD CONTROL stage now, which means high water and alot of moving water...

dont forget your tylenol for your back...the wake boats are in full force
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

7. Banned
    We were out there at the beginning of May, we got absolutely abused by wake boats. They were running as far as they could into creeks and bends. Entire lake out there and they are hugging the banks. Makes you wonder. And by the way, my back was killing me after a Friday and Saturday of fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgarrison52 View Post
    We are heading up with the family for a much needed getaway. Unfortunately it looks like a ton of rain heading our way. I was wondering if someone could help me with the current pattern or lure selection to use right now. Is there a particular part of the lake to fish? Any advice is apprecited
    Water level and ramps on my site.