Set up guys, get ready.

I have a Champion 203 with a Yamaha 225. Both were manufactured in 2000. Just put a 10 inch rapid jack on it after it was rebuilt. Trying to set it up. I have it now running 70 with a M27 Yamaha prop. Just got a 26 Tempest. I have been messing with the jackplate and the best setting shows it to be 5 inches below pad. Rooster til just above the cowling. I have not got my 26 worked yet. I want to run the 26 first before sending it off. Do I need to raise the motor back to 3.5 before running the 26 or start it from where it is. I’m pretty sure I measured correctly with the 27M. Trailer level, cavitation plate level, pad to the ground 18 1/2 inches, middle of the prop shaft to the ground 13 1/2 inches. Thanks for your input. Will run the 26 tomorrow.

2. Pat Goff
    9 out of 9 26 tempests need a experts touch. Until you get it worked don’t waste energy trying to make it go.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

3. Member
    Ok. Took it off the boat this morning. Have it boxed and ready to ship. Didn’t know if I needed to run it first to see what it did so I could describe what it did on my boat.

4. Member
    Seems awful deep to me
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

5. Member
    I may have it to deep. Mine is set up where it is maxed out when the trim stops. I don’t work the trim for a sweet spot. That is how it was set up when I got it and just left it that way 20 years ago.

6. Member
    She must sit up on her butt pretty good
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO