04 150 efi starting issue

My motor starts fine at the ramp after the run to fish and then fish for 20/30 minutes .When I try to start the motor it acts like it isn't getting fuel but the bulb is hard so I have to put throttle in choke position were it will move the throttle out of gear herd it called hard starting an efi want start any other way any help would be appreciated.

2. Member
    A weak battery can cause those issues. Next time out,take a volt meter and check the volts at the battery while you are trying to start.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and update your post with the REQUIRED info (serial number). Thank you!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Serial number is OT 816680,2004 150L EFI

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good starting point would be to check the Fuel Pressure, and record results:

-At idle

-Under Acceleration

-15/30/60 seconds after engine shutdown

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor