20 PHX or 920 ProXP

I've been looking at these Phoenix's for a while and thinking about purchasing one. I'm looking at a new 20 PHX and a new 920 ProXP. Can anyone enlighten me on the differences in these two boats. I've been trying to find all of the specs on them to really compare them. I was told the 20 PHX is more of a big water boat and will handle the rough water better.

As of right now i'm leaning towards the 920 just due to the dual center boxes on the front of the boat. I feel like i can be more organized when i have the two boxes up front rather than the 1 large box.

Any info on these boats would be greatly appreciated. As reference, my last boat was a Triton 20 TRX. Any major difference between these two boats and the TRX?

2. Member
    Sent you a PM

3. Member
    Of the current options I'd rather have that 920 Elite over both.

4. Member
    I had a hard time finding an effective way to use the center front box. I think I would prefer the elite/phx layout better with the one big box but I bought my boat used so I can’t give an opinion on the price difference and weather its “worth” the extra money for the elite/phx just because I don’t like the center box. I love everything else about my 920

5. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    The PHX wasn't available in 2016 when I got my 921xp. Having the 2 center boxes is my preference even after looking at the 1 larger center box. I can break tackle down easier and don't have as much clutter with 2 center boxes as I know I would with 1 larger box.
    Before the PHX, everyone talked about how great the 920/921 pro xp was in big water. I've been in big water and never had a problem in my pro xp. Now, if I lived where my main lake was big water, and had a choice of the pro xp or phx, I would still choose the pro xp. The 2 center boxes matter to me.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    The PHX wasn't available in 2016 when I got my 921xp. Having the 2 center boxes is my preference even after looking at the 1 larger center box. I can break tackle down easier and don't have as much clutter with 2 center boxes as I know I would with 1 larger box.
    Before the PHX, everyone talked about how great the 920/921 pro xp was in big water. I've been in big water and never had a problem in my pro xp. Now, if I lived where my main lake was big water, and had a choice of the pro xp or phx, I would still choose the pro xp. The 2 center boxes matter to me.
    I think thats kinda where i'm at. From what i can see there aren't many differences between the two boats. I'm like you as i like the 2 center boxes as well. So unless something drastically changes i'll probably go with the 920 myself.

7. Member
    The PHX has a wider front deck, noticeably more comfortable in very rough water, and more stable platform when fishing. The Pro XP is faster by a couple of mph, but that is only when you have a person that is very good at boat set ups. The Elite is the best of both, wider top deck built on the faster hull. With all that being said, if the layout on the XP is what you want, you will not miss the rest.