Another trailer tire thread Load range E

I have my 95 Champion 190 almost fully restored. Champion used 15" wheels on any trailer with a boat over 18 feet and a single axle. I'm wanting the good year endurance tires, but can only find them in Load range E in the size I need. Every lake I fish is an hour to two hours away and 90 percent being highway miles. Should I buy them and run the recommended pressure, or run lower?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    What size tires do you need?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Not sure what size 15" you need but I found 15" Goodyear Endurance load range D's a Tirerack, Discount Tire, Walmart etc. online. As for pressure, the E range says 80psi, that a bit much. I run my Goodyears at the trailer manufacturers recommendation right a 50psi.

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked247 View Post
    Not sure what size 15" you need but I found 15" Goodyear Endurance load range D's a Tirerack, Discount Tire, Walmart etc. online. As for pressure, the E range says 80psi, that a bit much. I run my Goodyears at the trailer manufacturers recommendation right a 50psi.
    You can adjust pressure down with a heavier rated tire when it’s lightly loaded.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    You should be able to get the Endurance in D range. If you can't take a look at the Maxxis 8008. I have used both on all three of my trailers with no issues.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    What size tires do you need?
    225/75r15

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    You should be able to get the Endurance in D range. If you can't take a look at the Maxxis 8008. I have used both on all three of my trailers with no issues.
    Are those made in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdwelding View Post
    The Endurance is.

9. Member
    i just traded in my single axle trailer ( from a 190 DCX 1993 ) to C&O Marine and what a difference, larger tires 4 wheel disc brakes and got a good deal from Craig the owner of C&O with the help of Stephanie great gal.
    I went all the way toe Tennessee from NW Indiana and it was worth it.
    Joe Engle really helped getting it going I purchased 4 previous new boats from Joe but he is pretty much retired and still helped me, nice group f people if you could trade into a new trailer as I did you would be happy.

10. Member
    So looks like load range E good years it is, unless someone has a link and Im missing something.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdwelding View Post
    The Maxxis is Not. It is a very good tire and earned its reputation in the RV world over the years. When the GY Endurance came out it was an upgrade. American made and higher speed ratings.
    After researching, the Endurance in your size only comes in the E rating ( mine are 14" D rating) You can get the Maxxis in the D rating for your size.
    I run both. The Endurance is easier to get your hands on anywhere you go and I will eventually have the Endurance on all my trailers for this reason. I would go with the E rated GY but if you want a D rated then the Maxxis is a good option.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    These tires are great. Put four on my dual axle about 2 years ago.