Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I was following a school bus that had been converted to a camper. It was pulling a boat.
    The trailer breaks loose goes into the left lane then off the road, still remaining upright.
    About a mile later I get them stopped to tell them their boat is missing.
    They had made an oversize step bumper w/a sheet of diamond tread for the top. It was
    to thin and it pulled the ball out. What could have been a catastrophe turned out well.
    LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    I use a locking hitch pin on mine.

+1

Tom

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortbus17 View Post
    Catch any fish?
    Only had a few pecks and caught 1 small LM thunderstorm moving in chased us off the water about midnight!
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

That could have been allot worse.

Glad no one was hurt. I have a locking pin on the hitch for just that reason.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

6. Member
    Back in April I had someone pull the pin on my trailer tongue as it was sitting at Holly bay at Laurel, only way I caught it is the god awful noise it made when I pulled the boat out. Kind of make it a habit to check everything when I walk back now

7. Member
    You mean your the pin didn't have a lock on it? First thing I did when installing the pin was to get one with a lock on it. Trailer also has a padlock on it. If it gets tampered with or stolen they're going to have to work for it in some way.
    Rocket

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 375VTROCKET View Post
    You mean your the pin didn't have a lock on it? First thing I did when installing the pin was to get one with a lock on it. Trailer also has a padlock on it. If it gets tampered with or stolen they're going to have to work for it in some way.

Just a hitch clip pin. (06 stratos trail) After that I check it just don’t understand why people choose to be dick bags

9. Member
    I use a locking pin but I check every thing before I drive anywhere. When I go get truck to get boat I always walk by to check that boat trailer and hitch are fine. I had one come off once and messed up my truck.

10. Banned
    Absolutely check and double check everything before pulling out with or without anything in tow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12