lowrance units won't stay powered up.

Today i fished for about 3 hours and didn't fire up the big motor. I have 2 12" lowrance graphs that worked perfectly until I started the big motor up.
    Then the screen went funny on the console unit when I tried to restart it it flashed as usual and then the screen went black. When I hit any buttons it makes a beep but won't start up as normal. This is happening to both units. My hummingbird units are wired directly to the battery and they work fine.
    The voltage on the battery when I got home was 13.3 volts so i don't think it is a battery issue, but it may be or a bad connection. tomorrow i will check the voltage at the units,but i need to pull the dash to get to the connections.
    Any thoughts?????

2. Member
    May not be the answer, but I had a lose wire on the master switch at the dash. Monday was a rough day on the lake. My Lowrance units blinked off a few times while moving. By the time I towed home I had no master power (Lowrance, Pumps, Lights nothing). Had voltage at the battery, and through the hot wire to the auto-bilge etc. So went to the switch panel and noticed the cable off immediately. Hokked it back up and all was well.

3. Member
    tks I had the ground come loose on the main power switch before.