Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    johnny is better at picking winners an losers than that.

2. Member
    We’re FICHTed. They had a small network of dealers, but they won’t have any left after this. Who is going to fix our motors if needed? I think that just made my rig worth $0.

3. Member
    No way 0. I just repowered last year with a new g2. Boat is 05 and had an 05 Johnson which went out in 07. People begging to buy my stratos with the Johnny on it, which was 12 years closed. Hell I got 3k for the trade. If anything I bet the resale prices of boats with g2 will go up.

4. Banned
    I'm glad I bypassed a foreign brand to help an american company this past summer.......

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    We’re FICHTed. They had a small network of dealers, but they won’t have any left after this. Who is going to fix our motors if needed? I think that just made my rig worth $0.
    Yep .... they put out the same BS the last time and a buddy was left with a 1 year old motor and no warranty.

Evinrudes problem was that you have to replace all the rigging to DTS if you want a G2... If only they had a mechanical engine model that could hook up to everyone's existing rigging... They would have sold a lot more repowers IMO. DTS is lots of $$$

7. Banned
    The problem is going to be a dealer to work on evinrude after this. What dealer is gonna warranty something they no longer sell.
    J D

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    dang, going to need a 225ho g2 sooner then expected!!!
    Contact Toby at 270-395-4030 i think they still have a few in the crates.

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21xTriton05 View Post
    Evinrudes problem was that you have to replace all the rigging to DTS if you want a G2... If only they had a mechanical engine model that could hook up to everyone's existing rigging... They would have sold a lot more repowers IMO. DTS is lots of $$$
    You mean like how easy it is to hook up a Yamaha to a Honda control/wiring harness or a Suzuki or a Merc etc. Verado also has DTS and yes They did make mechanical models of the G1 and G2.

You should all think about the jobs lost.

10. Member
    Toby sold me my g2 last year. Was considering the big mercury but the jury was still out in the reliability of them. G2’s are still the most reliable outboard made . Sad just plain sad brp did this. Makes me sick

11. Member
    Yes champion man ! 650 jobs lost across the’board. Been on that side of the fence with big pharmaceutical . All about the Benjamin’s! . Little guy always gets the shaft
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    You mean like how easy it is to hook up a Yamaha to a Honda control/wiring harness or a Suzuki or a Merc etc. Verado also has DTS and yes They did make mechanical models of the G1 and G2.

You should all think about the jobs lost.

12. Member
    I have 2 boats and both are relatively new, a 2018 and a 2019.
    Both boats were ordered with G-2's and both had the 10 year warranty. My question is about the warranty, will they honor it?

Obviously buying 2 of these I like these motors but realistically, everything breaks at some point.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    Both boats were ordered with G-2's and both had the 10 year warranty. My question is about the warranty, will they honor it?

Obviously buying 2 of these I like these motors but realistically, everything breaks at some point.
    Says warrantys will still be honored (I believe they have to by law, especially since they didn't file chapter 11) and parts will still be offered as well.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

Sure, its honored.... finding someone to work on it 5 years down the road may be a different issue.

15. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

SOB! My boat has been built, and waiting at the factory for a 200 HO since April...and then the Covid crap shut everything down. Now I read and hear no more Evinrudes...so now I have to pick between the lesser of the 2 evils...Mercury or Yamaha. The Mercs are pigs out of the hole and people have to run smaller pitched props to get a hole shot that then affects the top end. Not sure how the Yamaha's are compared to the Merc's but they have to be better?

Evinrude stated that all warranty will be honored for years to come. Parts will still be manufactured.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    I'm glad I bypassed a foreign brand to help an american company this past summer.......
    Mercury builds everything under 75hp in China and Japan. All the 60 hp Mercury 4 strokes you see on these boats are built in China. All the small engines are made by Tohatsu in Japan.

19. Member
    It's no different than Merc dropping its pro XS line and becoming obsolete, as long as they continue to make parts and honour their remaining warranties it's not all that bad. I'm sure there will always be service centers to do repairs, my evinrude just became a classic and I'm sure will be in high demand in a few years

20. Member
    I have been using the X50 oil in my 30 ETec for the past two years. Should I be stocking up on this oil?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast