115 ProXS trim gauge adjustment

I'm inquiring on how to adjust the trim gauge on my 2018 115HP ProXS 4S Serial #2B493392. It's on my 2018 Tracket PT190. The gauge bottoms out well before the motor is fully tucked and when fully raised only reaches the 3/4 mark on the gauge. I've checked online for adjustments and all I've found is to rotate the sensor on the motor by loosening the mounting bolts and rotating the sensor. I can't do that on my motor as the sensor does not have the described slots, just two fixed bolt holes.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Did you replace the trim sender, or do you have a Smartcraft Instrument that is displaying TRIM?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    The trim sender is the one that came stock with the boat/motor, new from the factory. I'm using the analog gauge on the dash that the boat is equipped with from the factory.
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I would recommend checking the resistance (in ohms) between the brown w/white stripe and black (ground) wire at both the FULL DOWN and the FULL UP position. You may simply have a bad gauge.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thank you. I'll give that a shot.
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S