Barlows Tackle, Great customer service

USPS, not so much. On a recent order from Barlow's I got size 4 treble hooks instead of the size 2 that I ordered. I contacted them and they sent out the size 2 hooks without any charge. Great. Then yesterday USPS tracking showed package delivered to mailbox. I don't know who's mailbox, but it was not in mine. Notified USPS, still waiting to hear. I still need the size 2 hooks, so I placed a new order with Barlow's for the hooks and other items. About 30 minutes later I get a call from Barlow's asking about the hooks. I explained THE USPS malfunction and he laughed and said "I'm not gonna charge you for the hooks and I will expedite this order".
    Now that's taking care of customers.

Great customer service for sure
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Yeah. USPS sucks. Placed an order almost 2 weeks ago. Package went to Ca. From Texas, then sat for 4 days. Finally arrived today. And yes their CS is very good.

5. Member
    I ordered rod socks from Illinois. They are currently somewhere in GA. I am in northern middle TN. USPS just skipped right over me. I fully expect them to go to Maine next. 😂

May 27, 2020, 8:59 am
    Arrived at USPS Facility
    ROSSVILLE, GA 30741
    Your item arrived at our USPS facility in ROSSVILLE, GA 30741 on May 27, 2020 at 8:59 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
    May 25, 2020, 11:37 pm
    Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
    JOLIET, IL 60433
    May 25, 2020, 9:47 pm
    Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item
    JOLIET, IL 60433

6. Member
    Always good to hear of a company taking care of their customers!

7. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I used to use buy from them all the time then my credit card was compromised through them as well as several others here on bbc. They notified everyone by letter and i know it happens all the time but just can’t trust their security anymore even though I’m sure it’s probably fine now
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

8. Member
    Great folks, selection and customer service. Always loved stopping by the store in person before moving to N.C. Never had an issue with shipping or payment. If you are concerned with paying online, call them up as I am sure they will be more than happy to take an order on the phone.

I've never had a problem with them. Called and asked a several questions and they always helped out.

10. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I've bought components from Barlows for many years and have always been satisfied.

Dale Sinclair original

11. Member
    Been buying hooks from them for years at great price

12. Member
    Barlows is great. Always willing to talk you through your questions. I wish I was closer to the store. I make a point to swing by every time I am in DFW.

13. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    They've been around a long time! When they had the brick & mortar store in full swing, and before BPS came to town, ALL the BASS pro's would come hang out there for Spring & Fall promotions. As young as 20 something, I met Paul Elias, Jimmy Houston, Gary Klein, Denny B. and a slew of other pro's at Barlow's.
    Good folks, for sure Glad to see them improvise, and continue to serve customers via internet sales.

14. Member
    UPS is no better.. They broke an NRX that arrived last week. Called the vendor, awesome service, got another one out same day. Was supposed to be delivered today, but the last update (this past Tuesday) on the tracking says "we scanned your package wrong, and this may cause a delay". Nothing since. Thanks, UPS. Break the first one, screw up shipping on the replacement. What a bunch.

15. BBC SPONSOR
    Thanks to all of you for the kind feedback. We've made lots of changes over the last few years to serve you better, and we have even more improvements and new products in the works!

Phoenix Jim, I'm sorry you were impacted by the data breach. We work hard to earn your trust, so it was extremely frustrating to have that happen. To reduce the risk of a recurrence (because you can never entirely eliminate it), last year we moved our entire website and order management system to a platform with far greater security than the old one. Nothing is foolproof, but we have far more confidence in the encryption features of this platform. That may not sway your opinion, but it's important that you know we didn't take the breach lightly.

Thanks again to all of you. And, please, if there's ever a way we can serve you better, let us know!

Thanks, and good fishing!

Matt Barlow