Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Solas RBX 102 I think

2. Member
    That rooster tail comment you made suggests you are trimming too high.

I only have the 115ProXS two stroke on my Margay so my situation is even more weight dependent than those of you with the 150

Just to check if this might be a factor, try WOT with the motor trimmed all the way down. With my motor, it will plow to about 42mph at 5600-ish rpm. Start bumping the trim up in small increments. First thing I notice is the boat flattens out, then the nose starts to come up. Around 45mph the bow gets enough air underneath to help lift the boat.

I can find a spot in the trim angle range that a few bumps back down will have the keel back in the water, or a few bumps up will air it out. On the gauge, that trim is between 1/4 and 1/2. My rooster tail is below the top of the engine when it’s aired out and high on the pad.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

3. Member
    I have the rooster tail about engine height now. Still the fury or tempest plus won't do anything but plow water

4. Member
    Just got done trying the SL4 prop. This is the only prop so far that has allowed me a low 40 mph cruise speed without full throttle.

Overall the scorpion 23 and SL4 props are the best so far. Top end is about the same.

23 tempest and fury was just garbage with this boat. Maybe a worked tempest with more cup would be good but factory not at all. When I say garbage I am referring to being able to run with two people and livewell full. They will run if you take away the second person or never use the livewell.

May try a few more in time but for now I like the two I have found

5. Member
    I'd like to see someone run the regular Razor 4 on this boat. So far I am not happy with either Tempest or Trophy unless I am alone.

6. Member
    I'm thinking the SL4 and razor may be comparable. I've thought about trying it though.

7. Member
    I worry about the flared tube on the SL4. Last thing we need is something keeping the bow down.

8. Member
    I get pretty good bow lift with the SL4, not as good as the scorpion though.

9. Member
    I've been discussing this with Mark through email. He recommended a Razor 4 22P with cup. Going to give it a try. I just wonder about PTP. Mine is over 4" currently.

10. Member
    Ran my Margay today for the first time with the brand new Razor XL. OMG what a difference. Boat lifts better now than ever. The spray moved to the rear in the low 40s instead of high 40s. Mid range is super responsive.

I was able to pick up a friend on the lake to run with two people, and it still lifted like crazy. Didn't fill the live wells-that will be the test.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Ran my Margay today for the first time with the brand new Razor XL. OMG what a difference. Boat lifts better now than ever. The spray moved to the rear in the low 40s instead of high 40s. Mid range is super responsive.

I was able to pick up a friend on the lake to run with two people, and it still lifted like crazy. Didn't fill the live wells-that will be the test.
    Glad to hear sir!!! What size are you running? Thanks!

12. Member
    22P with added cup. Oh, and 2 solid plug in the rear most pvs holes. Great hole shot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12