Thumbs Up Been trophy bass hunting more this year than just bass fishing (part 1 of 6)

I last set my PB largemouth back in 2009, at a respectable (for NH) 6.25 lbs. Since then, I've been fortunate to be around others as they've set, and reset, their PB's over those 11 years, including a 7 lb 7 oz largemouth from my best friend Andrew. I got off to a really good start to my season this year, so with my confidence really high, and finding some early success on bigger baits...I went big bass hunting. I know that sounds stupid, because isn't that what we all do every time we go fishing? The weather and water temps lined up just right at the beginning of the month, so with my wife still out of work at the time (and knowing better than anyone what this once in a lifetime opportunity of timing with everything would mean for me), she cut me loose and told me to fish as much as I could in hopes of getting that new PB I've been chasing all these years.

I didn't get my PB, but I did have one hell of a week! Hope you guys enjoy these.

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    It doesn’t sound stupid, I go “big bass” fishing a lot! I was dead set on beating my pb (12lb4oz) the last 2 years but the closest I got was 11lb6oz. Then I got back into tourney fishing and my “big bass” spots don’t get fished now. It’s like bowhunting, there are times I want to see deer and tag a doe, and there are times I only want horns!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

I also go after the big ones every time but the little guys just don’t know it .

Don’t ever think big bass fishing is stupid. That’s what I mainly concentrate on. Yeah I like tournaments and all, but I like to get out on a lake and get into a deep methodical big bass mode. I’m not worrying about anything around me, just trying to pinpoint those big ones. I fish bigger than most and it pays off. Yeah, you’ll get several smaller sizes as bonuses, but you’ll catch a lot more big bass. Fish big, catch big. Good luck!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Member

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    There is nothing Stupid about anything you are doing in your fishing.

Found it very Interesting, Informative and Highly Enjoyable please continue to post more about your Big Fish Quest.

1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

8. Member
    Thank you all for the kind words, means a lot to me. Hell, you could call this whole YouTube thing stupid too but to me, it's nearly as fun as fishing, and it's even more awesome that so many people enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    There is nothing Stupid about anything you are doing in your fishing.

Found it very Interesting, Informative and Highly Enjoyable please continue to post more about your Big Fish Quest.
    Thank you! Informative and enjoyable/entertaining is what I aim for in every video. I want to teach what I can, while still hopefully bringing a laugh or at least a smile as well.

9. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I through big swim baits for three straight trips in TX. Paid off with a personal best.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

10. Member
    No different than passing on small bucks. Do whatever makes you happy.