Help with a blown fuse

2008 Ford F-350 diesel. Has two fuse boxes. One under hood and one inside in passenger kick panel. I have no running lights on trailer. All other lights work fine. I think I had a unplugged harness touch the frame and pop a fuse. But I’m just not seeing any bad fuses. Does anyone know exactly which fuse controls the lights when a trailer is hooked up on that particular vehicle? Some of the fuses are hard to access. Thanks

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Your owners manual will have a nice list of fuses with a map to where they are in the boxes. It will be called something like “Trailer tow park lamps” I believe you have a relay and a fuse for them.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    In my 2008 F 150 is on the passenger side, Fuse #10 20a. Its a real MF'er to get to.

4. Member
    Ok had a buddy come over and when hooked to his truck all lights work perfect. So it’s got to be with my truck. I have pulled all the fuses and jcase fuses and they look good. Only other thing would be a relay, how do I check a relay to see if it’s any good?

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcori3 View Post
    Ok had a buddy come over and when hooked to his truck all lights work perfect. So it’s got to be with my truck. I have pulled all the fuses and jcase fuses and they look good. Only other thing would be a relay, how do I check a relay to see if it’s any good?
    Fuses can look good when blown. You need to check with an ohmmeter or swap them. There will be several identical relays. You can swap with another one to see.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

6. Member
    Found the problem, bad fuse that appeared ok at first. Thanks

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcori3 View Post
    Found the problem, bad fuse that appeared ok at first. Thanks
    There are two little spots in the plastic on top of most plug-in fuses where you can put a meter lead on metal and see the voltage on both sides of the fuse. Sometimes that's the best way to see if it is any good. If the fuse fails internally for any reason it can be detected here when the circuit loads it.

8. Member
    This was a jcase fuse. Nowhere to probe it with a test light.