Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Curious parenting question.

How many have their adult children (18+, high school graduate) living with them? If so, age?

2. Member
    Zero

3. Member
    Same. Daughter, 19, off at college paying for herself since 18

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar
    zero
    Steve
    2006 Sylvan Expedition Sport
    2006 Yamaha F150 TXR s/n 63P L 1041829

5. Member
    My two oldest still live at home. Oldest is 21 and a nursing student. He wanted to stay home to save money while going to school. Middle son is 18 and lives on campus during the school year and comes home when college is out.

I lived with my parents until I was about 25. Was away at college for 5 years so lived at home during the summer and then lived at home my first 2 years of working while my now wife finished up school.

I have a feeling this could be good. I’m in.

8. #FRB
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

9. Member
    zero

10. Member
    Both of mine over the age of 18, one just graduated college the other starts this September. They both contribute to house hold chores and my wife and I love having them here, the oldest is starting to look for her first duplex so she can live on one side and rent out the other.

11. Member
    Zero (at the present time anyway)

12. Member
    I don't think you can lump all into the same group and portray it as a stigma of some sorts. First, some cultures are different in their views on this, second if they are not solely free-loading but are being productive and bettering themselves while saving some money for their own place in the future, helping out around the house and what not I don't see a problem with it and there should be no stigma attached to those that choose to do it.

13. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    1,, 21
    curious as to what you are wondering about

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Interesting. I stayed home until i got married at almost 26 yrs old. I was working full time and was rarely home. So it really depends on what your stay at home young people are doing. If working and going to school i don't think its an issue. My 25 yr old son finished up his masters (chemical engineering) degree at the University of Colorado at Boulder and has been home for just over a year. He is just starting his career next month working for a Naval contract to train enlisted officers how to run Submarines in Charleston SC. Youngest Son has been working as a welder for HCR racing for about 2 yrs and just got recruited to work for a Ductile company maintaining Hydraulic equipment and welding. He is moving out in a few weeks. Middle son now works full time for Marriott hotels in town and will be home for awhile longer.
    Everyone has a different time line to leave the nest.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    1,, 21
    curious as to what you are wondering about
    well i‘m a parent with a child over 18 and some under 18. Curious how other parents view this topic....if it’s too sensitive of a topic, we can just go back to talking about Waffle House, CV19, and MLF I guess

16. Member
    I fillled out my Census already.

17. Member
    One.

My son (18) just graduated HS.
    Works at supermarket (Food City) & does weedeating jobs on the side.

Will start community college in the fall (Welding & Industrial Maintenance).

Zero. Oldest joined the military out of HS. Middle child moved out after graduating college...so technically four years earlier...and our youngest went to college out of state and never returned...so he's been technically out for 5 years now.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Ok. What do you like better? BASS or MLF? Do you happen to know when the next TW sale is?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast